Author Topic: Do You Miss America Yet? What Life Behind Bars In Russia Is Like For America-Hating Brittney Griner  (Read 745 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do You Miss America Yet? What Life Behind Bars In Russia Is Like For America-Hating Brittney Griner

by Jess Lawson July 12, 2022

The Brittney Griner story has been one which tears at us from two sides. When we hear about an American being detained in a foreign country for offenses which are considered minor here in the U.S., we often become sympathetic, depending on the infraction, of course. And when we learn that the country holding that prisoner is an archrival or enemy such as China, Iran, North Korea, or Russia, our sympathies become that much stronger.

In the case of Brittney Griner, however, things aren’t that simple. Griner, who has been detained in a Russian prison since her arrest at a Moscow airport for possession of cannabis oil – which is a serious crime in Russia – has now pleaded guilty to the charge and is facing up to ten years in prison. That’s a horrible situation, no doubt. But when Griner was living here in the states she had nothing but disdain for her homeland.

Griner refused to even enter sports arenas until after our National Anthem was played. She parroted the left’s rhetoric about various social injustices. And like so many others on the left, she would holler about imaginary systemic racism to anyone who would listen. Apparently, it never dawned on Brittney Griner the irony in her trashing our country despite being a gay black woman who earns enough money to make her a multimillionaire for playing a child’s game and being celebrated for sexuality and skin color.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/07/12/do-you-miss-america-yet-what-life-behind-bars-in-russia-is-like-for-america-hating-brittney-griner/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm missing America and I've never been in a Russian prison.       Yet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Heck, I miss America. Can we reboot to 2018?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Heck, I miss America. Can we reboot to 2018?

If we’re gonna reboot, I’d prefer the early 80’s.  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

I was thinking early to mid 1980s

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That would be good, too, I just wasn't being greedy. 888high58888 :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I was thinking early to mid 1980s

Only if we can take what we have learned since with us!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Yes.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Oh yes. Early 20’s I was at the height of my stupidity. Reagan years in my 60’s is much preferred.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When your race-card is *DECLINED*
And then your Gay-card is *DECLINED*
Then your American-citizen card (which you never use) is *DECLINED*
Then your I'm-rich-card is *DECLINED*
Then your I'm a Communist-like-you card is *DECLINED*
Then your hate-America card is *DECLINED*
Then there are no more cards to play, except to BEG America to save you. (good luck with that)

This is not a Russian situation. All the super-rich, super-White, super-First World issues, like pronouns and race and gay and transgender crap, nobody else in the world has time to worry about all that shit. When Americans bring all their First World Baggage overseas (including Africa), they are immediately slapped down by reality. There is nobody else in the world who has the time or the ability to worry about all the crazy trivial nonsense that Americans are obsessed with.

First World problems, First World issues, only apply when there is absolutely nothing in reality more important and more immediate to worry about, like food, shelter, family, life, and survival. The people worried about pronouns, and Climate Change, and race defines everything, are always the most rich, sheltered, pampered, pompous, people on Earth. They do not have any clue what it is like to live and work and survive, month to month and day to day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe puffs:
"Heck, I miss America. Can we reboot to 2018?"

Let's do it right, Joe.
Take me back to 1954 and leave me there.