Author Topic: There’s No Despot So Tyrannical As A Green Politician  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There’s No Despot So Tyrannical As A Green Politician
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:55:17 pm »
There’s No Despot So Tyrannical As A Green Politician
I & I Editorial Board
July 12, 2022

Reports of unrest over environmental policies from the Netherlands and Sri Lanka are much more than novelty news. What is happening in both spots is a lesson that has to be learned quickly. If not, there’s deep trouble ahead.

Dutch farmers, whose history of crop yields puts them among the most productive in the world, continue to protest rules that limit their use of nitrogen, a nutrient in commercial fertilizers that converts to nitrous oxide, which is feared as a greenhouse gas. Officials expected them to cut use 50% nationally, which means in some regions, the reductions will be as high as 95%.

The crippled farmers, their survival under attack, are, as they should be, revolting.

“Imagine if you’re a fifth-generation farmer, living on your land, making a living, being part of the local community” and suddenly there is “basically no future, no future for farming, but also no future for the economic, social, cultural fabric of the countryside,” ​​Wytse Sonnema of the Netherlands Agriculture and Horticulture Organization told the Australian media.

“There’s a broad sense of frustration, of anger, even despair amongst farmers at the moment.”

But political officials don’t care about the effects of their tyranny. They’re too dedicated to demonstrating before the world their great green cred.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/07/12/theres-no-despot-so-tyrannical-as-a-green-politician/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: There’s No Despot So Tyrannical As A Green Politician
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 02:16:26 pm »
See tag line quote...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: There’s No Despot So Tyrannical As A Green Politician
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 10:25:26 pm »