Author Topic: Majority of Democrats, young people want to abolish Supreme Court  (Read 956 times)

Offline Kamaji

Majority of Democrats, young people want to abolish Supreme Court: poll

By Miranda Devine
July 11, 2022

A majority of Democrat voters believe the Supreme Court is a racist, sexist institution that ought to be abolished, according to a new poll commissioned by the Heartland Institute. And in a clear threat to the court’s future, almost as many young people aged 19 to 39 feel the same way.

The national survey of 1,025 US voters split strongly down party lines, with 53% of Democrats in favor of abolishing the current Supreme Court and replacing it with a “new, democratically elected . . . court with justices chosen by the American people directly,” and 33% “strongly” in favor. Just 21% of Republicans and 38% of independents favored the proposition.

A majority (54%) of young people aged 19 to 39 wanted the court abolished. Overall, just 37% of total voters agreed, according to the Rasmussen poll conducted on July 6 and 7, almost two weeks after the Supreme Court overturned the Roe v Wade decision on abortion.

While 67% of Democrats believe the court is a “fundamentally sexist institution that favors men over women,” just 18% of Republicans and 36% of independents agreed.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/11/majority-of-democrats-young-people-want-to-abolish-supreme-court-poll/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Majority of Democrats, young people want to abolish Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 12:19:26 pm »
That way lies fascism.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 12:24:55 pm »
That way lies fascism.
That is very true. Only, they have now given it a new name: “diversity, equity, and inclusion”.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 04:12:45 pm »
SCOTUS is corrupt as hell but so are all the rest of the court rooms in this country.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 04:21:40 pm »
Do they even teach 9th grade Civics anymore?

That little checks and balances aspect that the founding fathers envisioned has been lost to an entire generation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 04:30:12 pm »
It's the revolutionary mentality - the ends justify the means.  This is how they will attempt to justify and rationalize disassembling the Founders' systems of checks and balances for ideological expediency.  What they fail to consider is that revolution may be followed by counter-revolution; their own revolutionary tactics will be used against them.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 04:31:51 pm »
Do they even teach 9th grade Civics anymore?

That little checks and balances aspect that the founding fathers envisioned has been lost to an entire generation.

That evolved from at lease 2 generations where the little bastards always got their way when being raised.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 05:22:03 pm »
Majority of Democrats, young people want to abolish Supreme Court...

They should go ahead and do it. There is nothing stopping them and there is a very simple guide laid out in the constitution itself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 05:43:42 pm »
Yay, public schools and the teachers' unions. This is the monster you have created.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 05:59:36 pm »
That evolved from at lease 2 generations where the little bastards always got their way when being raised.

And now, the little entitled bastards are the teachers.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 06:28:59 pm »
And if Republicans narrowly win all nine seats, what then?  Judicial activism isn't as popular as they think. 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 03:04:00 am »
Lets not forget people, everything biden has done, is doing, will do has to be better than Trump. Its how we got to where we are now!
Its so easy to get hell to reign in a Country but a great deal harder to get it out of your Country.  So many Lewinskys on their knees feel really special being devoted serving on their knees to the evil and corrupt.  Big SURPRISE, THE End Times are here!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Pay your dues!  In Full
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 02:03:13 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 06:01:41 am »
That is very true. Only, they have now given it a new name: “diversity, equity, and inclusion”.
I think those should be reordered to "diversity, inclusion, and equity" (D.I.E.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 08:27:57 am »
I believe in Wisconsin they elect their Supreme Court don't they?