Author Topic: Musk Says Trump ‘Too Much Drama,’ Should Sit Out 2024 Race  (Read 3520 times)

Online corbe

Musk Says Trump ‘Too Much Drama,’ Should Sit Out 2024 Race

Angus Whitley - 3h ago

(Bloomberg) -- Elon Musk said Donald Trump should “sail into the sunset” rather than run for president again and predicted Florida Governor Ron DeSantis will easily beat Joe Biden if the two square off in 2024.

In a series of tweets to his more than 100 million followers, Musk pointed out Trump, now 76, would be 82 by the end of a potential second presidential term. That’s “too old to be chief executive of anything, let alone the United States of America,” the Tesla Inc. CEO wrote. Musk also said there was “too much drama” when Trump was in office.

This marks the first time Musk, who’s also CEO of US government contractor Space Exploration Technologies Corp., has said Trump should forgo another campaign. In an interview with Bloomberg News last month, Musk said he was undecided when asked if he’d back Trump, who’s strongly hinted at another run.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/musk-says-trump-too-much-drama-should-sit-out-2024-race/ar-AAZtrac?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a5143e5f35af45129bfafe6662b5f2bd
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Musk Says Trump ‘Too Much Drama,’ Should Sit Out 2024 Race
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 04:26:04 pm »
Musk has always been a con man and a very good one at that. I don't take political advice from Hollywood morons or Elon Musk.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 04:38:23 pm »
We really don't need a war between Musk and Trump.  Personally, I think they want the same thing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 04:38:45 pm »
We really don't need a war between Musk and Trump.  Personally, I think they want the same thing.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 04:41:45 pm »
:thumbsup:

And do you really want to piss off the world's biggest innovator, abd someone of power who is 90 times richer than you?  (Musk vs. Trump)

Just think, Musk went after Twitter just because his account got suspended, and see what happened there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 04:47:13 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 01:03:17 am »
Mr. Musk is wrong on this one.

Trump in 2024.
DeSantis in 2028/32.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 01:15:41 am »
Mr. Musk is wrong on this one.

Trump in 2024.
DeSantis in 2028/32.

Trump may be forced to sit this one out; the DEMS, leftists and globalist are far from giving up making it so he cannot run again.

Never ever underestimate their thirst for power and they aren't going to let go of the stranglehold that they have on this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 02:37:21 am »
As Joe is giving Putin the excuses Putin wants to Nuke America, and after Hitlery and the democrats have greatly armed Putin with nuclear materials and other enemies with several of our armies.  How innocent with Joe and the democrats be when WWIII breaks out and the democrats did everything they could to give our enemies the winning advantages?  Of course the warnings that this was a democrat plan for years now, have been largely ignored, soon people won't be able to.  Our own nuclear materials will return to us in mushroom clouds.  The fools will then insist its time to be concerned, those not burnt to a crisp.  The politicians will be well prepared, because they were in on the plan.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Idiot

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 03:26:34 am »
As Joe is giving Putin the excuses Putin wants to Nuke America, and after Hitlery and the democrats have greatly armed Putin with nuclear materials and other enemies with several of our armies.  How innocent with Joe and the democrats be when WWIII breaks out and the democrats did everything they could to give our enemies the winning advantages?  Of course the warnings that this was a democrat plan for years now, have been largely ignored, soon people won't be able to.  Our own nuclear materials will return to us in mushroom clouds.  The fools will then insist its time to be concerned, those not burnt to a crisp.  The politicians will be well prepared, because they were in on the plan.
As much as I appreciate Trump , I agree....he needs to sit out this coming election season.  He just can't keep his mouth shut.  Some of the things he says....geez.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 03:38:15 am »
Musk is correct (and understating the argument).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 05:08:24 am »
Trump's response to this illustrates the point Elon was making, and also reminds us of why he lost the election.  He is an elderly man with the temperament of a toddler.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 05:10:48 am »
Musk has a point, but the drama is directly the result of Democrat shenanigans and the ever hyping ministrations of Media run wild. Keep in mind that one of the very purposes of that same media is hype, not just to get your attention or to get you to keep tuned in, but to sell soap.

(Don't touch that dial!)

They really do control the vertical and horizontal, in many people's minds, can soften even the most harsh image or focus with crystal clarity on the most minute imperfection. They are the professionals at this. It's what they do.

While Trump played into that drama by inciting rabid temper tantrums on the part of the Left, I still have to give the pros in the Media credit for their part. They could have ignored his tweets and moved on, but they got all butthurt and decided to play their hate cards, and in that process became visibly unhinged, at least for anyone who did not share their blinding hatred.

So let's look at the optics of Trump not floating a run in 2024.

Would that be interpreted (or at least touted) by the MSM as an admission of some sort of guilt, obviously that Trump had __________ (fill in the blank with the latest wild-eyed accusation pulled from the warm dark nether reaches of what passed for the Leftist mind)?
That somehow all the investigating and digging and attempts to smear by trapping former aides with rhetorical perjury traps was justified (along with the tremendous expense to the public and even stealing the 2020 election).

Is that how that would be spun? as the righteous downfall of a really, really bad man?

If that is how the MSM would paint it, take that canvas, bathroom wall, rail car, underpass, away from them and deny them that opportunity.
If the left oozed a quart of blood from their collective sphincter every day for the next thousand years, it would not be fate enough deserved for the mind-addling nonsense they have subjected an American generation to (and continue to spew, even at the pre-K level).

If that's the case, I would not blame Trump for giving the nomination a shot.

I do not believe that 82 is too old, at least not for everyone.
My parents are in their 90s and fully mentally capable, unlike the current occupant of the house at 1600 PA Ave. in Washington D.C.
I would make that determination on a case-by-case basis, and not tend toward making blanket assumptions, even if the non compos mentis (P)resident in D.C. now is two years short of the mark and will be 82 if he finishes his current term.

But if Trump runs, drama is virtually guaranteed.
Face it, it will happen.

I think the adults can handle that, and allowing that the current antics following the destructive tantrums of Leftists will only encourage more devastation in the future, something even worse than that which is being calmly and methodically imposed to our mutual detriment, it is time to reverse the course of government in this nation and for more mature people to restore the expectations of a civil society on those of our employees and their fellow travelers who would rule this country through fear and intimidation rather than subject themselves to civil order and the constraints of Law.

In this most recent season, SCOTUS has finally stepped up and upheld the Constitution, in that some laws were returned to the purview of the several states, that some Rights were upheld as agreed in that compact, despite the howlings of the Left and the Media, as it should be. This is a small, but important, first step to place the Federal Government back in its proper perspective, Constitutionally, and possibly the beginning of that thousand mile journey back to the Republic the Founders intended. While that journey begins with one step, it only continues with the next.

I'd like to see Trump/DeSantis on the ticket, setting DeSantis up for another 8 years should he prove worthy.
With that backstop, maybe some of the RINOs could be rooted out of the Congress and some actual progress made in rolling back the damage of the Clinton/Obama/Biden era (yes, @sneakypete, Bushes, too) and toward restoring the Republic, by downsizing the Federal Leviathan through the elimination of Departments not Constitutionally authorized, and generally putting the "middle of the road" back in the middle instead of painting stripes down the left ditch and pretending that somehow that represents most Americans.

The choice, when it is made, is up to Mr. Trump.
May Almighty God guide him and endow him with wisdom in that deliberation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 05:15:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 05:15:48 am »
Looks like Trump hit a nerve, Elon.   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 05:30:36 am »
Looks like Trump hit a nerve, Elon.   :laugh:
It will be interesting to see if Elon hit one. :pondering:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 06:20:20 am »
It will be interesting to see if Elon hit one. :pondering:

Nah ... Trump has the receipts.  Elon's fighting like a Karen.   :laugh:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 08:26:56 am »
They're both wrong...

Trump is wrong about Elon and Elon is wrong about Trump (not what was said here but what he said the other day about him, this infighting is an unfortunate flaw of Trump's).

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2022, 12:28:02 pm »
In the perfect world, Trump realizes his age, and decides to go 100% in the election for DeSantis, weilding the power of King Maker.

The tandem of Musk and Trump playing bad cop while DeSantis taking the high road in '24 would absolutley destroy the dims.

I know egos will never let this happen, but one can dream.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2022, 12:51:40 pm »
... says one drama queen about another drama queen.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2022, 03:19:22 pm »
  Trump started it by saying publicly that Elon is a 'BS Artist'.
  Kinda reminds me of the time Trump said, and I paraphrase, 'My heroes aren't captured'.  That excursion into Trump Drama set obummercare in stone and paved the way for all this Covid BS.

DeSantis 2024

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2022, 03:25:57 pm »
  Kinda reminds me of the time Trump said, and I paraphrase, 'My heroes aren't captured'.  That excursion into Trump Drama set obummercare in stone and paved the way for all this Covid BS.

DeSantis 2024

My first choice too.  But, do you really think anyone dares to challenge DJT?  We all know and remember the nastiness he perpetrated in the '16 primaries.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 04:42:19 pm »
A Fishrrman "kinda-shaky, but that's the way I see it" prediction:

If DeSantis is the Republican candidate for president in 2024, he'll probably lose.
The election ("un-controlled") would be close, but The Party's underground election apparatus will be used to put the demcom candidate (whoever that happens to be) over the top.

With Trump, regardless of the fireworks and vitriol... he has a shot of winning despite The Party's "apparatus", by simply overpowering it.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2022, 04:54:19 pm »
   Yes, @Fishrrman though I believed, at the time, any of the 17 candidates on the GOP stage in 2016 could beat hellary, even Pataki, EXCEPT Trump.
    Why take the chance of four more years of Trump when you can have someone proven, so far, to fight the Leftist without using their childish tactics, LIKE REAGAN DID, using intellect instead, something Trump has proven, to this day, he isn't capable of?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 04:56:00 pm by corbe »

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2022, 05:12:24 pm »
My first choice too.  But, do you really think anyone dares to challenge DJT?  We all know and remember the nastiness he perpetrated in the '16 primaries.

Oh, FFS, get past the "nastiness" nonsense already.  The other 16 candidates tried to give as good as they got....when they weren't begging for applause, crying behind the bleachers and rooting for Hillary.

The truth is any Republican candidate other than Trump begins his national run minus a minimum of 40 million votes.  How stupid do you have to be to take this bait?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 05:13:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2022, 05:50:14 pm »

DeSantis 2024

DeSantis is my choice, at this time. He’s proven that he’s not afraid to take on the establishment. I’ll admit, however, that I have not done much research on the people surrounding him (advisors, staff, et cetera). To whom is he listening?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell