Author Topic: NASA’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image of Universe Yet  (Read 17839 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: NASA’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image of Universe Yet
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2023, 03:50:37 am »
In one of Tucker Carlson's last interviews he brought the matter up with Musk.  Musk eloquently responded that he probably knows as much about space as anyone else, and his repsonse was that we as humans do not have any evidence of  alien life.  I beleive him.

As far as recognition, I do think their are universal constants of things like math, and physics, and specifically patterned statistics that presented properly would be recognizable by one another.

@catfish1957

Providing of course that we were able to communicate with each other on a level that made understanding complex problems possible.

Given the difficulty we have today even communicating on even a semi-intelligent level with Yankees and other denizens of the frozen north,I wouldn't bet  money on it being worth  the frustration.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2023, 09:26:24 am »
@catfish1957

The REAL question is IF there is other life in the universe, and I truly believe this is probable,will we even be able to recognize it as an intelligent life form,and will they be able to recognize US as an intelligent life form?

Different planetary conditions are bought to create different life-forms.
With the present intellectual trajectory of this species, they might recognize sentience, but intelligence is definitely in question.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2023, 09:28:51 am »
@catfish1957

Providing of course that we were able to communicate with each other on a level that made understanding complex problems possible.

Given the difficulty we have today even communicating on even a semi-intelligent level with Yankees and other denizens of the frozen north,I wouldn't bet  money on it being worth  the frustration.
Hey! I'm a denizen of the "frozen North". It only gets strange East of the Red River of the North and west of the Cascades.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis