Author Topic: 'Planet parade' 2024: How to view the astronomical event  (Read 116 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
'Planet parade' 2024: How to view the astronomical event
« on: May 27, 2024, 10:42:59 pm »

USA Today
Janet Loehrke
May 26, 2024

Get ready skywatchers, another astronomical event will take place on June 3.

A planetary alignment, or a "planet parade" according to the internet, where we'll see six planets – Jupiter, Mercury, Uranus, Mars, Neptune and Saturn – grace our sky in the predawn hours, according to StarWalk.space, a stargazing and astronomical website.

How does the alignment happen?

The planets orbit the sun continuously in the solar system. The planets will slowly catch up to one another over time. Because they are all traveling along the same path, the ecliptic, as they pass Earth, it appears as though they are aligned, according to NASA. However, the alignment formation will be short-lived since each planet moves at different speeds, depending on its distance from the sun.

Where to look for the planet alignment

Looking in the eastern sky the planetary alignment will be visible almost everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, weather permitting.

Four planets – Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Saturn should be visible with the naked eye. But you'll need high-powered binoculars to spot Uranus (which will be closest to Mercury) and Neptune.

(more)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2024/05/26/6-planet-parade-align-june-3-guide/73816386007/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: 'Planet parade' 2024: How to view the astronomical event
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 10:46:25 pm »
 ***hair on fire
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: 'Planet parade' 2024: How to view the astronomical event
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 11:27:20 pm »
🪐🪐🪐🪐 🪐
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️