Author Topic: Right rips Jill Biden for saying Hispanic community as unique as ‘breakfast tacos’  (Read 1955 times)

Offline roamer_1

Alright... Forgive me my ignorance, but I have to ask...

I know breakfast burritos, but I have never heard of a 'breakfast taco' in my life.

Is it really a thing? Because  'burrito' could surely be an insult - Especially since it is not really Mexican food, but rather a Tex/Mex invention...

Just sayin...  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I know breakfast burritos, but I have never heard of a 'breakfast taco' in my life.

Is it really a thing? Because  'burrito' could surely be an insult - Especially since it is not really Mexican food, but rather a Tex/Mex invention...

Just sayin...  :shrug:

@roamer_1

What's insulting about being a Tex/Mex invention? After all,the Mexicans were there a hell of a long time before the people who came to be called "American's" showed up. All the Americans did was adapt and blend in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

What's insulting about being a Tex/Mex invention? After all,the Mexicans were there a hell of a long time before the people who came to be called "American's" showed up. All the Americans did was adapt and blend in.

@sneakypete

'Burrito' means 'little burro'... I see that being insulting. As to it's Tex/Mex origin, I have nothing against that, nor would they (I would guess) other than it not being authentic and purely Mexican cuisine.

I was more interested in whether there is actually a thing called a 'breakfast taco' (which I have never heard of before), or if the press is providing cover quoting 'taco' instead of 'burrito'

Like I said... I am ignorant of anything called a breakfast taco.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

'Burrito' means 'little burro'... I see that being insulting. As to it's Tex/Mex origin, I have nothing against that, nor would they (I would guess) other than it not being authentic and purely Mexican cuisine.

I was more interested in whether there is actually a thing called a 'breakfast taco' (which I have never heard of before), or if the press is providing cover quoting 'taco' instead of 'burrito'

Like I said... I am ignorant of anything called a breakfast taco.  :shrug:

@roamer_1

Well,the closest I ever came to living in Mexico was living in a Mexican neighborhood in Denver for a couple of years,and I never heard of it,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

When I worked near Corpus Christi, some of the workers who lived off site would sometimes bring in breakfast tacos in the morning.  That was a luxury for those of us stuck on the platform.  We had a lot of workers from 'The Valley'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

When I worked near Corpus Christi, some of the workers who lived off site would sometimes bring in breakfast tacos in the morning.  That was a luxury for those of us stuck on the platform.  We had a lot of workers from 'The Valley'.

So it IS a thing... Thank you.