Author Topic: Right rips Jill Biden for saying Hispanic community as unique as ‘breakfast tacos’  (Read 1908 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Right rips Jill Biden for saying Hispanic community as unique as ‘breakfast tacos’
by Sarakshi Rai - 07/11/22 6:22 PM ET

First lady Jill Biden is receiving flak from the right for comments in which she referred to the Hispanic community as “unique” as the “breakfast tacos” in San Antonio.

Biden was speaking at the 2022 UnidosUS Annual Conference titled “Siempre Adelante: Our Quest for Equity” in San Antonio on Monday.

While referring to the UnidosUS president Raul Yzaguirre’s work, she commented on the diversity of the Hispanic community.

She said Yzaguirre “helped build this organization with the understanding that the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodedas of The Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami, and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength.”

Republicans were quick to blast her comments, arguing they show why Democrats are going to lose Hispanic voters.

Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs’s (R) tweeted a clip of the video and said, “No wonder Hispanics are fleeing the Democratic Party!”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s press secretary Cristina Pushaw also commented on the statement, calling it cringeworthy.

“Imagine the regime media meltdown if a conservative called Hispanics “breakfast tacos” like Dr. Jill Biden did at the Latinx Luncheon today. Democringe,” she tweeted.

Special advisor for communications for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) Steve Guest added that “This isn’t Veep. Which White House speechwriter just won a bet for getting the First Lady to say something like this?”

morehttps://thehill.com/homenews/3553887-right-rips-jill-biden-for-saying-hispanic-community-as-unique-as-breakfast-tacos/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Just another "imagine if Melania or Donald Trump had said that" moment.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 02:24:09 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

The DCP can show their rampant racism and it's overlooked but if a GOP member says something that might possibly could if stretched probably is racist and they get hammered like a KKK rally on MLK day.

Offline libertybele

Video:

https://rumble.com/embed/v19ayhb/?pub=4

Gee, she thinks it's humorous -- maybe Kamel helped her write her speech.  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jill Biden can’t say ‘bodega’ — and it brought back Peggy Hill comparison
NY Post, Jul 11, 2022

First lady Jill Biden on Monday mispronounced “bodega” during a speech to a Hispanic advocacy group — drawing renewed comparisons to cartoon fellow teacher Peggy Hill.

Biden hailed the “bow-get-taas” of The Bronx during a speech in San Antonio, Texas, with such confidence that social media users recalled the “King of the Hill” cartoon character, a substitute teacher in Texas who taught Spanish without being able to correctly say “Español.”

The first lady’s pronunciation was closer to that of Colombian capital “Bogotá” than the standard pronunciation “bow-day-guh.”

https://nypost.com/2022/07/11/jill-biden-mispronounces-bodega-to-hispanic-advocacy-group/

Steve Guest
@SteveGuest

Jill Biden just said Hispanics are as “unique” as tacos.

This isn’t Veep. Which White House speechwriter just won a bet for getting the First Lady to say something like this?

3:51 PM · Jul 11, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Tone deaf and clueless and composing word-salad symphonies. What speech writers!

It is an interesting expose' of just how smug and condescending they are--and it isn't limited to them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Just another "imagine if Melania or Donald Trump had said that" moment.

It would be above the fold on the front page of the NY Times, Washington Post, etc.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

Well dang it, now I just want some breakfast tacos, and here I am without any soft tortillas.  Boo.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A moment of clarity, refering to racist, racist, racist democrats, and every white person in America knows just what i'm talking about!

Democrats told you not long ago that blacks that are not on the democrat plantation lose their blackness, skin.

Now we are educated about Latinos/Hispanics as breakfast tacos.  Who can explain race and racism better than predominately white rich elitist democrats?  Millionare democrats preach at us about the evil rich in this Country and how the democrats fight them desperately, while said democrats fill their pockets full of their money, representing them instead of us.

The Utopia of the clueless manipulated fools is upon us.  Aren't you glad they saved us from Trump with the immaculate flawless saint Joe and wife?
 :smokin: :reaper: twilight zonexxxx :reaper: :smokin:

Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

Well dang it, now I just want some breakfast tacos, and here I am without any soft tortillas.  Boo.
I like breakfast burritos. Why did Jill ignore the uniqueness of breakfast burritos?

Offline Polly Ticks

I like breakfast burritos. Why did Jill ignore the uniqueness of breakfast burritos?

Good point. Maybe because no matter what else you put in them, the eggs always want to squirt out the bottom?
(I like them, too. messy eggs and all.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

There used to be a restaurant near us named Spicy Gringos. Their breakfast burritos (or, as Jill might say, bah-roo-dos) were fantastic, especially with the hot mango salsa.

Offline andy58-in-nh

If AOC were a taco... what kind would she be?  :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Is skank a flavor?

Offline christian

mountineer:  Is skank a flavor?

Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?
Is skank a flavor?

Who insults minorities better than democrats????  El Diablo democrats
 :smokin:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 02:56:01 am by christian »

Offline mountaineer

We've heard for years that JFK referred to himself as a jelly doughnut (ein Berliner) in his famous 1963 speech in Germany. I'd say comparing people to any sort of breakfast treat is fair game, therefore.  The precedent has been established. :whistle:  :pondering:

Offline Killer Clouds

She is a taco no one wants to eat.

Offline christian

Bette Midler said Tacos were made to look like (democrat female agendas), seems thats what they always talk to at election time to females.
As i recall Bette said God made it to look like a taco, to eat it.  Odd how before the democrat times she was, eh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Doesn't really matter because nothing has changed. The Dims weren't going to get a majority of the "Spanish vote" to start with. Yeah,they OWN the illegal alien and welfare votes,but once you get out of the big cities they own nothing,and there are a HELL of a lot more people with Spanish surnames living and working outside of the "Parasite Palaces" of the welfare world of the big western cities and the northeast.

Even the Dims know this. That is why they opened the borders to bring in voters they can put into welfare housing to buy their votes.

Otherwise they would just steal that money to keep for themselves.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 01:35:27 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!