Author Topic: Man-made disaster for Europe?  (Read 229 times)

rebewranger

Man-made disaster for Europe?
« on: July 11, 2022, 05:15:13 pm »
Man-made disaster for Europe?
By Joe Bastardi |July 7th, 2022|General Information|54 Comments

The heat we have seen in Europe has been transient so far this summer, met with reversals to much cooler. Be it France or Scandinavia, relief arrived but now that transient pattern that led to a back and forth appears to be evolving into the mean upper ridge parked over Europe and in tandem with other ridges setting up for the heart of the summer season in other areas of the world. When the jet is at its weakest is when these features lock-in and in summer it means consistent heat where they do.

The 30-day European temp forecast mid-July to mid-August says to me that heat comparable to 2003 is on the table for southern and central Europe, e.g. like in 2003 France could be in the middle of it.

My clients are warned. I have also  been on Twitter, just like before the Texas freeze, trying to get the attention of people that may be able to help plan for this. But in talking to some of the experts in the field on this matter, there  may be little we can do to avoid a situation that could be disastrous on an economic and humanitarian scale. 

https://www.cfact.org/2022/07/07/man-made-disaster-for-europe/