Author Topic: Americans Say January 6 Hearings Are Designed to Stop Trump in 2024  (Read 305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Americans Say January 6 Hearings Are Designed to Stop Trump in 2024

Hannah Bleau 11 Jul 2022

Americans tend to believe the January 6 hearings are partisan in nature, and most believe they are designed to stop former President Donald Trump from running in 2024, July’s I&I/TIPP poll released Monday found.

The survey asked 1,643 adults nationwide if they agreed or disagreed with two statements, one of which states, “Some say that the Jan. 6 committee’s main aim is to ensure President Trump can’t run in 2024.”

Sixty percent, overall, agree that the committee’s main aim is to prevent Trump from running in the next presidential election. Further, 62 percent of Democrats, 70 percent of Republicans, and a plurality of independents — 48 percent — share that view. According to the survey, independent voters “were the only group of the more than 21 demographic categories the I&I/TIPP Poll follows that was below 50%.”

“Every other category had a majority, liberal-left, black-white-hispanic, north-south-east-west, male-female, you name it,” the survey found.

Americans also tend to believe that the January 6 committee — comprised of such representatives as Adam Schiff (D-CA), Jamie Raskin (D-MD), Liz Cheney (R-WY), and Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) — “was handpicked and represents only Democrats’ points of view.” A plurality, 46 percent, agree with that assessment, compared to 35 percent who disagree.

While 64 percent of Republicans believe the committee is biased against Trump and Republicans, 43 percent of Democrats agree. Independents are split, as 38 percent agree and 38 percent disagree.

The survey ultimately shows that the general public holds what the survey described as “a high degree of skepticism” concerning the hearings: “At minimum, the public appears to be highly dubious of the Jan. 6 panel, and no doubt any results will be viewed by a significant share of voters, whether Democrat, Republican or independent, as politically tainted and biased against Trump.”

July’s I&I/TIPP poll has a +/- 2.5 percent margin of error.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/11/americans-say-january-6-hearings-designed-stop-trump-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Americans Say January 6 Hearings Are Designed to Stop Trump in 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 05:15:21 pm »
The hearings are to socialize and normalize the prospect that there may be criminal prosecutions of persons who worked in the Trump White House.

They are slowly turning up the water temperature on the Maga frogs they are attempting to boil.

Many GOP wannabees had the misplaced hope that Trump would go away after 2020.  Only in 2022, do potential 2024 GOP Primary candidates and Mitch "Swamp Turtle" McConnell realize that Trump is an obstacle or threat to their own 2022 and 2024 ambitions.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 05:49:58 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright