Author Topic: Kurt Schlichter: Are We Looking At Another Civil War?  (Read 539 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kurt Schlichter: Are We Looking At Another Civil War?
« on: July 11, 2022, 03:53:53 pm »
Are We Looking At Another Civil War?
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 12:01 AM

Consider the logic of the left and it’s no wonder that many people are considering the unspeakable – whether America will devolve into actual violent conflict. But I dare speak about it at length in my brand-new book We’ll Be Back: The Fall and Rise of America, which confronts this issue of systematic political violence head-on. The most important question related to the long decline of America at the hands of a corrupt, incompetent, and terminally foolish ruling caste that controls our major institutions is whether we can pull out of this tailspin without bloodshed.

I sure hope so, but the risk is real and we need to confront it.

The logic of the left accepts political violence. A few years ago, one of its acolytes tried to wipe out the congressional Republican caucus on a softball field; last month, another member of the MSNBCNN target demo tried to off Justice Kavanaugh for somewhat limiting the ability of progressives to conveniently kill babies. Even the reaction to the recent molestation of the famously beer-ophilic jurist as he nibbled on a rib-eye at Morton’s in DC was indicative – this personal confrontation was celebrated by the left instead of decried. What’s the logical limit when you sign onto the idea that one can legitimately influence politics via the personal intimidation of officials placed in office by our agreed constitutional procedures? If you can get in his face, why can’t you slap it? Or put a bullet in it? If there is a boundary, the left is not setting it. Keep in mind that civil conflict is not unknown in America, Our revolution was also a civil war – one sparked by tyrants seeking to enforce gun control. The Civil War that followed four score and change years later was sparked by Democrats angry over the Republican demand that they stopped treating human beings inhumanly – a theme that continues to this day. Prior to the War Between the States was a war between the pro- and anti-slavery militias along the Missouri-Kansas borders. In the late-sixties/early-seventies, there was an urban leftist insurgency by groups like the Weather Underground and the Black Panthers that resulted in hundreds of bombings and many killings. It was dealt with as a law enforcement matter, but in a distinctly militaristic way. The Los Angeles Police Department famously annihilated most of the Symbionese Liberation Army – whose battle cry was “DEATH TO THE FASCIST INSECT!” – in a blazing firefight in South Central that was broadcast on national TV.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Kurt Schlichter: Are We Looking At Another Civil War?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 04:11:39 pm »
I think government has grown too powerful for civil war to be any legitimate threat anymore.

If we wouldn't revolt in 2020, we never will.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 04:32:58 pm »
Yes,and it's beginning to look like I might even live long enough to participate!

Thank you,Thor!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 04:45:33 pm »
The Federal Goverment is too powerful for states to engage in military conflict with each other.

There's more likely to be civil unrest, political instability, and economic uncertainty, like in the early 1990s.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 10:46:59 pm »
Typed this down earlier today. It kind of addresses how I feel about the future as posted by Mr. Schlichter and those who replied above.

At first I was going to call it "Fishrrman's prediction", but I think a better name for it should be, "Fishrrman's dilemma":
Traditional Constitutional government cannot and will not be restored through Constitutional means. Some other means will be required and used to accomplish that restoration.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 10:56:49 pm »
Typed this down earlier today. It kind of addresses how I feel about the future as posted by Mr. Schlichter and those who replied above.

At first I was going to call it "Fishrrman's prediction", but I think a better name for it should be, "Fishrrman's dilemma":
Traditional Constitutional government cannot and will not be restored through Constitutional means. Some other means will be required and used to accomplish that restoration.

We live in a society where mobs are ruling and threats against SCOTUS justices are happening because people refuse to accept their ruling and we have a DOJ and Congress that are doing nothing.

The Constitution can only continue as the supreme law of the land if people adhere to it and honor it.  That obviously is no longer the case.

Civil war?  Revolution? When the U.S. falls, so will the rest of the world; it will have a domino affect.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 11:00:07 pm »
We live in a society where mobs are ruling and threats against SCOTUS justices are happening because people refuse to accept their ruling and we have a DOJ and Congress that are doing nothing.

The Constitution can only continue as the supreme law of the land if people adhere to it and honor it.  That obviously is no longer the case.

Civil war?  Revolution? When the U.S. falls, so will the rest of the world; it will have a domino affect.
And the dormant Communist powers await to fill that void.

There's a reason why those lauded Nordic countries never joined NATO. They were stealth communists all along.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 11:14:03 pm »
And the dormant Communist powers await to fill that void.

There's a reason why those lauded Nordic countries never joined NATO. They were stealth communists all along.

Exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.