Author Topic: Michael Moore drafts new constitutional amendment to take away gun rights  (Read 1537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Moore Publishes Reworked Second Amendment Banning All Semiautomatic Firearms

AWR Hawkins 10 Jul 2022

Documentary filmmaker and gun control proponent Michael Moore published his idea for a new Second Amendment Sunday, and it features a ban on all semiautomatic firearms.

He announced his new amendment via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/1546181836203753473

Moore posted his new amendment on this webpage, explaining that it would be the 28th Amendment and that it would repeal and replace the Second Amendment.

Moore’s news amendment erases any talk of a right to “keep and bear arms,” positing, instead, an “inalienable right to be kept safe from gun violence.”

The amendment outlines the in-depth background check that would be required for gun purchases:

All who seek a firearm will undergo a strict vetting process with a thorough background check, including the written and confidential approval of family members, spouses and ex-spouses and/or partners and ex-partners, co-workers and neighbors. A mental health check will also be required.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/07/10/michael-moore-publishes-second-amendment-banning-semiautomatic-firearms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Why not extend the same restrictions to knives?

Online libertybele

Michael Moore drafts new constitutional amendment to take away gun rights   :thud:

Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore was mocked on Sunday after he published a draft of a new constitutional amendment that would repeal the Second Amendment.

Just days after recounting the privileges of "full citizenship," Moore published his draft of a new constitutional amendment that would severely restrict firearm ownership.

The proposed amendment contains eight sections and demonstrates clear misunderstandings of constitutional law.

The first section focuses on protecting Americans from "gun violence and the fear thereof." It reads:

The inalienable right of a free people to be kept safe from gun violence and the fear thereof must not be infringed and shall be protected by the Congress and the States. This Amendment thus repeals and replaces the Second Amendment.

The amendment also raises the minimum legal age for firearm ownership to 25 (section 4), establishes a national firearm registry (section 2), outlines a lengthy and strict process for firearm ownership (sections 2, 3, and 4), and outlaws all semi-automatic firearms (section 5).

In Moore's dystopian utopia, then, only firearms like revolvers and bolt-action rifles are legal. Moore similarly limits who can own firearms to licensed hunters, those who are licensed for sport shooting, and "the few who can demonstrate a special need for personal protection," which inevitably limits firearm ownership to the elite and privileged.

The proposed amendment also outlaws "any homemade equipment and machinery ... that can make a gun or weapon that can take a human life" (section 5).

Finally, the proposed amendment says that police officers who carry "shall be subject to comprehensive and continuous monitoring and shall be dismissed if found to exhibit any racist or violent behavior" (section 7) and demands that any American who owns any firearms made illegal under the amendment has only one month to surrender them to the government (section 8)...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/michael-moore-constitutional-amendment-gun-rights
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

The proposed amendment also outlaws "any homemade equipment and machinery ... that can make a gun or weapon that can take a human life" (section 5).

Ohh! so this part's new...

So basically, any and every machine shop of any sort is outlawed.  :whistle:

What a dolt.  **nononono*

Online libertybele

Ohh! so this part's new...

So basically, any and every machine shop of any sort is outlawed.  :whistle:

What a dolt.  **nononono*

No one has ever proclaimed that he's dealing with a full deck.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

No one has ever proclaimed that he's dealing with a full deck.

Well... After that misshapen statement of his, obviously not.

Hell, might as well outlaw tin shops and carpenters too... I can certainly fashion a weapon out of sharpened tin or a 2x4 that can take human life.

:silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I read the proposed amendment.

Amazingly, he managed to word it so poorly that even the Armed Forces would not be allowed to use guns.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

Hell, might as well outlaw tin shops and carpenters too... I can certainly fashion a weapon out of sharpened tin or a 2x4 that can take human life.

He's a bat crap crazy liberal mental midget.

Offline roamer_1

He's a bat crap crazy liberal mental midget.

10-4  :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I read the proposed amendment.

Amazingly, he managed to word it so poorly that even the Armed Forces would not be allowed to use guns.

Pretending it's a proposed Amendment is just a cheap editorial gimmick.  It bored the snot out of me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.

-Adolph Hitler-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Pretending it's a proposed Amendment is just a cheap editorial gimmick.  It bored the snot out of me.

I can't help but wonder if he truly believes that Congress is going to take up a vote on his proposed 'amendment'.  :2popcorn:

As time goes on, does anyone take him seriously anymore?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I reckon he'll go for elk antlers and rocks next, not to mention bootlaces.
Before there were firearms, there was a great variety of pointy things made from everything from charred wood to flint to metal...not to mention anything that could be used as a ligature...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

In reality, it is just a bit of attention whoredom from someone who desperately is seeking relevance.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

In reality, it is just a bit of attention whoredom from someone who desperately is seeking relevance.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

And winds up reinforcing the notion that he is the complete putz he truly is.

You can't fix stupid.

Offline Smokin Joe

And winds up reinforcing the notion that he is the complete putz he truly is.

You can't fix stupid.
No, but you can get their attention...

Just think of who his 'fans' are.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The real news here, is that there is anyone else listening to Jabba the Hut.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.