Author Topic: Illegal workers for Hamptons’ rich and famous living in squalid migrant camps among luxury homes  (Read 174 times)

Offline Kamaji

Ilegal workers for Hamptons’ rich and famous living in squalid migrant camps among luxury homes

By Jack Morphet and Bruce Golding
July 10, 2022

Illegal immigrants who mow the lawns and paint the mansions of wealthy Hamptons residents are being forced to live in hovels hidden in the woods due to the sky-high cost of residing in the summer playground of celebrities such as Jerry Seinfeld, Billy Joel and Jay-Z and Beyoncé, The Post has learned.

Squalid encampments exist around the tony town of Southampton, including just off the main highway and in the waterfront village of Westhampton Beach.

“I work for very rich people in the Hamptons but I can’t afford somewhere to live,” lamented Juan Antonio Morales, 40.

“I am paid very little and an apartment costs too much money.”

The Post found the native Guatemalan spread out on a tattered chaise lounge in a heavily wooded area behind an abandoned gas station along the Montauk Highway in Westhampton Beach last week — as Aston Martins, Mercedes-Benzes and Range Rovers buzzed past nearby.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/10/squalid-migrant-campgrounds-hide-among-luxury-hamptons-homes/