Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Seeks to Strip the Supreme Court of Its Constitutional Role  (Read 1007 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Seeks to Strip the Supreme Court of Its Constitutional Role
By Jerry Wilson | Jul 15, 2022 8:30 AM ET

The left’s vile ferocity regarding Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization remains unfettered by reality, logic, or morality. The reality is abortion is still available in many states. Logic dictates Roe v Wade was a flawed ruling deserving rejection. Morality states that maybe, just maybe, an unborn child is just that — namely, a child — warranting full protection under the law. However, this is the modern left we’re talking about, so you can safely dismiss any possibility of any or all of these points in action.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, she of dubious reality grasping skills, and fellow Squad pimples on America’s political face have come up with yet another tack they fervently believe will whisk the Supreme Court away. Why, we’ll invoke the Constitution’s Article III! While it is a given the Squad’s collective Constitutional knowledge is less than their knowledge of how to sail the USS Constitution, this latest move demonstrates the frightening lengths today’s Democrats are contemplating to thwart the designed checks and balances the Constitution’s writers assembled to stop such assaults on a constitutional republic’s proper functioning.

Ocasio-Cortez made her plea to the current Congressional leadership public via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1547694058436304897

more
https://redstate.com/jerrywilson/2022/07/15/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-seeks-to-strip-the-supreme-court-of-its-constitutional-role-n595308
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
AOC proving that she is just as adept as a constitutional scholar as she is an economist.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Congress can always pass laws or the country could always pass Constitutional amendments.

The Liberals' over-reliance on courts to assert "rights" is not backfiring on them.  Precedents are not laws.  This Supreme Court is itching to carry forth a conservative unwinding of disagreeable precedents.

The only remedy is legitimate legislation - not precdents, not executive orders.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The only way to do that is to suspend the Constitution and carry out a revolutionary coup.

Don't think you want to go there AOC.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The only way to do that is to suspend the Constitution and carry out a revolutionary coup.

Don't think you want to go there AOC.
Nope, she will be one of the first executed for treason. The Marie Antoinette of our time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline andy58-in-nh

Ummm, Miss Former Barista...... the Supreme Court just ruled that it has no jurisdiction over abortion. None.

They are leaving it up to the states, whose legislatures have the power to determine what limits might apply to the practice, subject to the ultimate approval of each state's voters. This is called "democracy in action".

What you're looking for, Señorita Bocaza, is for is a Federally-mandated right to unlimited abortion on demand, which would require a Constitutional amendment, nothing less. 

Good luck with that.  And I'll take a double latte please, with extra foam.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdinVA

Anything to get in front of the cameras or microphones.... and your name in print..

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nope, she will be one of the first executed for treason. The Marie Antoinette of our time.

Alex Stein will be sad.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

It will be interesting to see how Chuckie and Nancy respond.

Quite frankly AOC scares the heck out of me with her outrageous ideas and rants, and she is eligible to run for president in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.