Author Topic: Texas Rep. Arrington says Biden ‘surrendered control’ of southern border: ‘It is an invasion’  (Read 991 times)

rebewranger

Texas Rep. Arrington says Biden ‘surrendered control’ of southern border: ‘It is an invasion’
Gov. Abbott authorized law enforcement to return illegal immigrants to the southern border
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Several Texas counties declare influx of immigrants across Southern border an 'invasion'

Chief correspondent Jonathan Hunt reports on a 'longshot' legal attempt by some Texas counties to give border enforcement powers to local government agencies on 'Special Report.'

Texas Rep. Jodey Arrington is backing moves by officials in his state to take matters relating to the migrant crisis into their own hands, claiming President Biden "surrendered control" of the border and describing the situation as an invasion.

"They are absolutely doing the right thing, and I commend the governor for following suit," the Republican congressman told Fox News Digital in an interview this week.

Arrington spoke after a flurry of moves in Texas related to the border. On Tuesday, multiple counties declared the crisis at the southern border an "invasion" and called on Gov. Greg Abbott to do the same, arguing that it would give the state more power to send illegal immigrants to Mexico.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-rep-arrington-says-biden-surrendered-control-southern-border-invasion

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The 'take care clause' comes from Article II, Section 3 of the United States Constitution:

[H]e shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.[/size]

That means all of them! Not just the ones he likes!

Violating that oath is, in my view, an impeachable offense!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Talk is cheap, Mr. Arrington.
You're just one more Texan that's all hat and no cattle.

When I see armed citizens at the border, every 10 feet or so, who are armed with rubber bullets and aren't afraid to use them... well... then I'll change my mind.

But til then... you got no cattle, sir.

Offline berdie

When I see armed citizens at the border, every 10 feet or so, who are armed with rubber bullets and aren't afraid to use them... well... then I'll change my mind.

Oh, please. I guess you could always gather up a group from your state and you and them come on down and do that. I've heard Federal Prison isn't too awful.

Or do you do that in your state? happy77

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
berdie protests:
"Oh, please. I guess you could always gather up a group from your state and you and them come on down and do that. I've heard Federal Prison isn't too awful."

Tell me how else the invasion will be stopped.
Two million more this year.
Three million more next year.
And after that...?

Unless and until "the people" are willing to take a stand, it will continue to get worse. At least until 2025.

(There happens to be a federal prison in my area of the state. One of the more "cushy" ones in the system, I've heard...)

Offline Idiot

Be kind...he's my representative.

Offline berdie

berdie protests:
"Oh, please. I guess you could always gather up a group from your state and you and them come on down and do that. I've heard Federal Prison isn't too awful."

Tell me how else the invasion will be stopped.
Two million more this year.
Three million more next year.
And after that...?

Unless and until "the people" are willing to take a stand, it will continue to get worse. At least until 2025.

(There happens to be a federal prison in my area of the state. One of the more "cushy" ones in the system, I've heard...)

My solution @Fishrrman ? How 'bout the Federal Government do it's freakin' job? If they don't want to, at least stop interference with states trying to do their job. They won't even allow the BP agents to do their jobs. Enforce the laws on the books. There used to be some pretty stringent regs on the books regarding legal immigration and illegal immigration. I'm assuming they still exist.

I'm as distressed as anyone about the immigrant influx. But I don't see your solution being enacted any time soon. But if you want to give it a whirl...let me know. I'll send you a Christmas card. :laugh: