Author Topic: Over 300 Virginia state employees resign in wake of Gov. Youngkin’s telework policy  (Read 2500 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Over 300 Virginia state employees resign in wake of Gov. Youngkin’s telework policy

by: Dean Mirshahi   

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 / 04:02 PM EDT   

Updated: Jul 8, 2022 / 05:25 PM EDT   

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — More than 300 employees from five state agencies have resigned since Gov. Glenn Youngkin announced Virginia’s new telework policy in early May, according to records obtained by 8News.

This includes 183 Virginia Department of Transportation employees, 28 of whom cited “telework options” as the reason for leaving. Two VDOT workers who listed telework as the reason did move to another state agency, records obtained by 8News after filing a Freedom of Information Act request show.

On May 5, Youngkin updated the state’s telework policy for all state employees to begin working in-person full-time by July 5, a change the governor’s office stressed would provide “options for and supports the use of telework where appropriate.” Youngkin said it would help “balance the demands of government services with the needs of our public servants.”

Other state agencies and divisions, including the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC), provided employment resignations since Youngkin’s announcement in May after 8News filed public record requests.

According to those records, VDH had 78 resignations and VEC had 37 resignations from May 5 to June 27. Virginia’s Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) had seven resignations from May 5 to July 6 and Virginia’s Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) had six resignations from May 4 to July 7.

“Unfortunately we’re not surprised by this information,” Dylan Bishop, a lobbyist for the Virginia Governmental Employees Association (VGEA), told 8News Friday. “We had anticipated that the shift in policy would result in an exodus of workers, which is really concerning because of the state’s recruitment and retention issues.”

Most of the departments did not provide reasons for the resignations, but VDH shared that 29 former workers cited “Better Job,” three said “Dissatisfied,” six cited “Home Responsibilities,” two listed “Illness,” seven said they were leaving the area, three cited “School” and 27 listed “Other” as the reason.

“The governor is excited to welcome the Commonwealth’s workforce back in person and is encouraged by their continued dedication to serving Virginians,” Rob Damschen, Youngkin’s deputy communications director said in a statement. “We know an office-centric environment fosters collaboration and teamwork and provides an even greater level of service for all Virginians.”

more
https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-news/over-300-virginia-state-employees-resign-in-wake-of-gov-youngkins-telework-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Oh well.  Those are cushy government jobs so no doubt they'll find replacements soon enough.

Offline mountaineer

These idiots thought they were entitled, somehow, to "work" from home. You can bet there hasn't been a whole lot of work going on for the past couple of years, so they won't be missed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good! The more resignations the better!
Elon has the right idea. If they are too lazy to show up to work, then they are too lazy to have a job.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

A good start....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Looks like others have already beat me to it:
Sounds like a good thing to me...!

Offline libertybele

Good! The more resignations the better!
Elon has the right idea. If they are too lazy to show up to work, then they are too lazy to have a job.

Truth. My daughter has had to cover for people always calling in sick and she's fed up.  The last little darling called off from work on the 4th of July with a supposed serious spine and neck injury.  He was told before he came back to work, he needed a doctors excuse.  His response was he couldn't afford to go to the doctor. ....hmmm how do you know you have a 'serious' neck and spine injury without a diagnosis or some xrays?? If it was that serious, I'd think he would have go to the ER.

How do people expect to keep a job if they are constantly calling off work for one reason or another??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A good start....
Might help balance the budget...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Having returned to full-time on-site working in late spring 2020 (as soon as Santa Clara County and my employer permitted it), good freaking riddance.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Getting rid of 300 who choose the laziness of a post pandemic work ethic vs. coming back to work?

Wow, State HR is getting off easy slicing the dead wood.  Sometimes these decisons are hard.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Perfect way to downsize a bloated government.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
These idiots thought they were entitled, somehow, to "work" from home. You can bet there hasn't been a whole lot of work going on for the past couple of years, so they won't be missed.

@mountaineer

And THERE it is. Chances are most of them were appointed to their jobs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
300 ?

Can we get 400 ?

Can we get 500 ?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No one is asking the most important question about the three hundred, has anyone, anyone at all noticed they are gone?

Offline Hoodat

Oh well.  Those are cushy government jobs so no doubt they'll find replacements soon enough.

A lot of these people are double-dipping.  They are working two full-time jobs remotely at the same time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

No one is asking the most important question about the three hundred, has anyone, anyone at all noticed they are gone?

This has been my main impetus for shutting down the government.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

They weren't "there" to miss... The root of the problem...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They weren't "there" to miss... The root of the problem...
True, but I was talking about any actual return of any kind to their pay, not just their presence.

Offline DB

True, but I was talking about any actual return of any kind to their pay, not just their presence.

I know... The only reduction in "work" was likely for those who managed these people... They have less to do now...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@GtHawk

You mean besides the people in accounting?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!