Author Topic: VIDEO: Emergency Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs  (Read 1061 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
VIDEO: Emergency Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs
« on: July 09, 2022, 03:09:32 pm »
Shortly before the Fourth of July weekend I was faced with a barbecue emergency. I had already defrosted a Turkey and started brining it in preparation for smoking it. However, Target had a great sale on baby back pork ribs and I couldn't resist especially since a lot more people than expected were going to show up at my July 4 barbecue party. So how to cook both smoked turkey AND baby back ribs? The answer was sous vide. I didn't have enough room on my smoker to cook both at the same time so my solution was to sous vide the ribs for 8 hours at 165 degrees and then sear it on the barbecue right after the turkey was done smoking.

In this video, you see how I prepared the sous vide baby back ribs. Was it absolutely as good as smoking the ribs for 5 or 6 hours? Not  quite but it was definitely good enough. I also recommend sous vide when you don't have time or conditions available for complete smoking  of ribs. You can sous vide your ribs ahead of time and keep it refrigerated in the vacuum sealed bags until a day or two later when you can finish them off by searing them on a grill. Tail gate parties come to mind for this situation.

BTW, my sous vide only cost me about $50 since I purchased one without all the bells and whistles which mainly means I can't pair it to my cell phone. Why I would want to pair it to my cell phone I have no idea but by not being able to do that which I wouldn't do in the first place I saved a lot of money on the purchase price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89XyfNbPlFw
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: VIDEO: Emergency Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 03:39:07 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
He's talking about your specialty. LOL!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 05:48:48 pm »
He is meeeeee.
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 09:59:41 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
He's talking about your specialty. LOL!

Yes I know! We have the same first two initials!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 10:09:15 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89XyfNbPlFw

Thanks for a great video -- I need to invest in some wire racks that hold the ribs to cook on the grill.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 11:35:42 pm »
Many, very many, cooks boil the ribs before the grill. It makes for a more thorough and cleaner cook. It doesn't take 8 hours. And 'liquid smoke' is not something I would ever buy.

Essentially, you made slow boiled ribs in a bag, justified by a coal fire. I am lost. I do not understand the point of all of this.

Boil the ribs in bags (not for any hours) or no bag at all, if you want to, with whatever spices you want. And then grill them. OR, put them in a slow-cooker overnight, with any spices you feel at the moment, and watch them fall off the bone the next morning.

I did not catch the point of all of this?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 11:42:19 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 12:01:25 am »
Many, very many, cooks boil the ribs before the grill. It makes for a more thorough and cleaner cook. It doesn't take 8 hours. And 'liquid smoke' is not something I would ever buy.

Essentially, you made slow boiled ribs in a bag, justified by a coal fire. I am lost. I do not understand the point of all of this.

Boil the ribs in bags (not for any hours) or no bag at all, if you want to, with whatever spices you want. And then grill them. OR, put them in a slow-cooker overnight, with any spices you feel at the moment, and watch them fall off the bone the next morning.

I did not catch the point of all of this?

I bake my ribs with seasoning at a low temp for a couple of hours and then throw them on the grill and add more seasonings and put sauce on just for the last couple of minutes. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022, 12:45:18 am »
My dog would fire ya, she expects something to be dropped when I grill... I would of throw a hotdog or two on for her to think I ain't forgot her.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 01:12:09 am »
My dog would fire ya, she expects something to be dropped when I grill... I would of throw a hotdog or two on for her to think I ain't forgot her.

Yep... One second rule, not 5seconds... If you want it back you have to be quicker than the dog. And that's saying something.  :laugh: :silly: