Author Topic: Monticello is going woke — and trashing Thomas Jefferson’s legacy in the process  (Read 505 times)

Offline Kamaji

Monticello is going woke — and trashing Thomas Jefferson’s legacy in the process

By Mary Kay Linge and Jon Levine
July 9, 2022

Monticello is going woke — and trashing Thomas Jefferson’s good name in the process.

The Charlottesville, Virginia, home of the Founding Father and America’s third president is one of our best-known national monuments, familiar from its appearance on the nickel since 1938.

But the hilltop mansion designed by Jefferson himself, once preserved as a tribute to the author of the Declaration of Independence, now offers visitors a harangue on the horrors of slavery.

“The whole thing has the feel of propaganda and manipulation,” Jeffrey Tucker, founder of the libertarian Brownstone Institute and a recent visitor, told The Post. “People on my tour seemed sad and demoralized.”

The new emphasis is the culmination of a 10-year effort to balance the historical record, officials of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation, the nonprofit that owns the estate, have said.

But visitors complain that employees go out of their way to belittle Jefferson and his life.

“The tour guides play ‘besmirchment derby,’ never missing a chance to defame this brilliant, complex man,” Stephen Owen of Enochville, NC, wrote on Facebook.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/09/monticello-draws-criticism-after-trashing-thomas-jefferson/

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats trashed national heroes North and South before the last Presidential election, many on both sides helped democrat Biden get elected to reward him for his BLM and other terrorists acts upon American cities.  As they supported those that trashed their heroes, apparently their heroes deserved the trashing, eh?  I was astonished how people could vote for a party that pizzed on themselves and America so well before the election.  Some people have either no memories or no shame or live in great dumbed down ignorance.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:33:02 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions