Author Topic: Elon Musk wants his employees to have more babies, childcare benefits across Tesla, SpaceX will be i  (Read 332 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
India Today by Abhik Sengupta 7/11/2022

Elon Musk wants his employees to have more babies, childcare benefits across Tesla, SpaceX will be increased

Elon Musk claimed his companies, which include Tesla, The Boring Company, SpaceX, and  SolarCity, would increase childcare benefits "significantly".

HIGHLIGHTS

•   The exact details of the childcare benefits remain unclear.

•   Musk says that details will be announced next month.

•   The Tesla CEO had claimed he's doing his "best to help the underpopulation crisis."

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has recently been advocating for people to have multiple children to tackle an "underpopulation crisis". Now, the billionaire is introducing a policy change in his companies to help employees have more than one child. In a tweet, he claimed his companies, which include Tesla, The Boring Company, SpaceX, and SolarCity, would increase childcare benefits "significantly". He added that the Musk Foundation also "plans to donate directly to families."

Currently, the exact details of the childcare benefits remain unclear. Musk says that details will be announced next month. Last week, the Tesla CEO claimed that he's doing his "best to help the underpopulation crisis." He had also said, "A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far."

His latest announcement comes after a Twitter user (BLKMDL3) replied to the initial tweet asking, "What's your response to those who say they shouldn't have a lot [of] kids for cost reasons?".

Musk has repeatedly said in the past that people having fewer babies is a problem for humanity. In December 2021, he even gave an interview where he said, "I think one of the biggest risks to civilization is the low birth rate and the rapidly declining birthrate ... if people don't have more children, civilization is going to crumble, mark my words".

More: https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/elon-musk-wants-his-employees-to-have-more-babies-childcare-benefits-across-tesla-spacex-will-be-increased-1974154-2022-07-11