Author Topic: Biden’s union pension bailout: What it means, and will it work?  (Read 473 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 7 hours ago
Biden’s union pension bailout: What it means, and will it work?
Experts say new details reveal risks of the Biden pension plan

By Breck Dumas FOXBusiness

The Biden administration unveiled details this week of the final rules surrounding the federal bailout of hundreds of union pension plans passed as part of Democrats' $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act coronavirus relief package last year, saying it will secure workers' benefits for decades to come.

ARPA's Special Financial Assistance Program injects $90 billion of taxpayer funds into the federal government's Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, which insures private-sector pensions. Prior to the passage of the purported COVID package, the PBGC was set to become insolvent in 2026.

The White House claims the plan will prevent 2 to 3 million workers from having their pension payments cut in retirement, by saving upwards of 200 private-sector union plans that had been in danger of insolvency.

President Biden touted the accomplishment during a speech in Ohio on Wednesday, saying that retirees in the shaky plans who have already seen cuts in benefits "will have them restored retroactively," and that he "turned a promise broken into a promise kept."

"We saw before the pandemic and the economic crisis that followed," Biden said, "Millions of retirees were at risk of losing their retirement security through no fault of their own, based on conditions and unrelenting attacks on unions that were taking place."

But some pension experts are skeptical of the plan, and are raising concerns.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bidens-union-pension-bailout-what-means-will-work
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden’s union pension bailout: What it means, and will it work?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 01:47:13 pm »
Who going to bail out my retirement?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 01:48:08 pm »
Union bosses should be required to chip in their luxury wages first, before any taxpayer money goes into these boondoggles.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 01:51:33 pm »
Union bosses should be required to chip in their luxury wages first, before any taxpayer money goes into these boondoggles.

Why should American taxpayers be on the hook for ANY union pension funds? This is COMPLETE Bullshit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 03:10:43 pm »
Why should American taxpayers be on the hook for ANY union pension funds? This is COMPLETE Bullshit!
Hey, now you're all like us in California on the hook for CALPERS no matter how bad they invest their retirement funds we are on the hook to make up losses. Except now Californians are also paying to all the other unions with Biden's BS plan. (I know I should probably be more specific since all of Bieden's plans are BS)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:13:18 pm by GtHawk »

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 04:57:01 pm »
100% political.

Nothing that benefits anyone except Democrat voters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington