Author Topic: Republican John Thune Asks Biden for More Foreign Workers to Fill U.S. Jobs as Millions of Americans  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican John Thune Asks Biden for More Foreign Workers to Fill U.S. Jobs as Millions of Americans Jobless

John Binder 6 Jul 2022

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-SD) is joining Democrats, as well as the big business lobby, in asking President Joe Biden for more legal immigration to the United States to fill American jobs.

Even as the nation’s foreign-born population has hit record highs, Thune says the Biden administration is not importing enough H-2B foreign visa workers to fill blue-collar seasonal jobs in the U.S.

Sinclair Broadcast Group reports:

Senate Minority Whip John Thune, R-S.D., said he’s constantly hearing complaints from employers in his state who can’t find workers. He said he’d welcome more legal immigration. [

“I think there’s H-2Bs, for example, this time of the year. We need lots of them in South Dakota and we can never get enough from the administration,” Thune said.

H-2Bs are visas that allow American employers to bring foreign nationals into the country for temporary nonagricultural jobs. Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., said his state needs more, too.

Already, in May, Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced they would subsidize businesses by importing an additional 35,000 H-2B foreign visa workers to take U.S. blue-collar jobs.

Thune’s request for even more foreign workers comes as the latest Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) research reveals that there are more than 54 million Americans of working age who are no longer in the workforce.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/06/republican-john-thune-asks-biden-more-foreign-workers-fill-u-s-jobs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Has John seen the unemployment numbers yet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Thune, no.

Employers can increase wages and benefits, use automation to replace humans, or eliminate the positions.  Government can reduce taxes and regulations to help employers manage the changing workforce dynamics.

America should not become a nation where workers live in corrugated tin shanties next to the dump like they have to in $h!th0le countries.

The US Chamber of Commerce and its middle-class killing agenda can take a long walk off a short pier.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Killer Clouds

If the government would quit paying people to not work would be a good place to start.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Chamber of Commerce owns Thune and several others.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien