Author Topic: Border Patrol Council VP Urges Abbott to Declare Border Crisis an Invasion  (Read 442 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Katy Drollinger | July 6, 2022

“They should’ve declared an invasion a long time ago.”

In an interview with Fox News, National Border Patrol Council Vice President Art Del Cueto called out Gov. Greg Abbott for his hesitancy to declare the humanitarian crisis at Texas’ southern border an invasion.

Earlier this week, representatives from several Texas border counties met and recognized the crisis as an invasion. The officials also implored Abbott to take action and enact Article I, Section 10, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution, which allows states to defend themselves from an invasion if the federal government fails to offer protection.

The first half of 2022 saw a marked increase in illegal border crossings, with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol recording more than 1.7 million arrests along the southern border, including individuals on the United States’ terrorist watch list.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/border-patrol-council-vp-urges-abbott-to-declare-border-crisis-an-invasion/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If he wants a sure-fire re-election, this will do the trick
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If he wants a sure-fire re-election, this will do the trick

He has that already and does not want to validate something Don Huffines campaigned on.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien