Author Topic: If not Trump v. Biden in 2024, then who? Here are the politicians showing signs they could be in the  (Read 382 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If not Trump v. Biden in 2024, then who? Here are the politicians showing signs they could be in the mix

Jockeying over the 2024 presidential election has begun even before the 2022 midterms are done and dusted.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is picking fights with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. DeSantis and Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin are meeting with donors. And more than a dozen politicians have flocked to the first primary state of New Hampshire.

Potential presidential hopefuls aren't waiting to lay the groundwork for themselves on the national stage, even as parties await official paperwork from President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump, who have both indicated plans to run.

Will Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, the runner up for the 2016 GOP nomination, give it another shot?

"Time will tell," Cruz told Insider recently.

Plans for many of those viewed as contenders are contingent upon decisions from Biden and Trump. But they're still making all the usual moves.

If there isn't a Biden-Trump matchup, here are the people showing signs they could be in the 2024 mix:

Ron DeSantis  ...

Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg ...

Mike Pence ...

J.B. Pritzker ...

Ted Cruz ...

Gretchen Whitmer ...

Glenn Youngkin ...

Gavin Newsom ...

Tom Cotton ...

Bernie Sanders ...

Rick Scott ...

Kristi Noem ...

Tim Scott ...

Chris Christie ...

Mike Pompeo ...

Nikki Haley ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-biden-rematch-desantis-newsom-gop-primary-democrat-options-2022-7

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The thought of Harris and Buttgig as President and VP is enough to give me nightmares.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

If Trump wants it he will be the GOP nominee. The rest of the lineup with the exception of DeSantis is scary.