Author Topic: Durbin: McConnell Wants to Focus on Inflation, Afghanistan, and Some ‘Other, Discreet Issues’ over A  (Read 478 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin: McConnell Wants to Focus on Inflation, Afghanistan, and Some ‘Other, Discreet Issues’ over Abortion and Guns

Ian Hanchett 6 Jul 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” Senate Majority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) argued that Senate Minority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) doesn’t want to talk about gun control or abortion, “He wants to focus on whether Joe Biden pulled out of Afghanistan too soon, whether inflation can be dealt with successfully by Republicans as opposed to Democrats,” and “other, discreet issues.”

Durbin stated, “I understand completely what Mitch McConnell’s saying, and he’s brutally honest about that. He does not want to talk about the overturning of Roe v. Wade in November. He does not want to talk about lessening the power of the Environmental Protection Agency to protect our clean water and clean air. He does not want to talk about the horrific killings and these mass shootings that are killing innocent people in every corner of America with these horrendous military weapons. He wants to focus on whether Joe Biden pulled out of Afghanistan too soon, whether inflation can be dealt with successfully by Republicans as opposed to Democrats, and a couple other, discreet issues. Anytime you change the subject from his agenda, he wants to end the conversation.”

He continued, “So, it’s up to us, those of us who believe that these issues are critical, and the Supreme Court has brought them forward, we cannot ignore them, to make sure that Americans know, if you don’t like the way things happened in Highland Park yesterday, if you don’t like the Supreme Court decision on overturning Roe v. Wade, if you happen to believe that we should aggressively make sure that we lessen pollution in this country, and reduce the prospects of global warming, then for [goodness’ sake], you need to vote.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/06/durbin-mcconnell-wants-to-focus-on-inflation-afghanistan-and-some-other-discreet-issues-over-abortion-and-guns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Polls have shown that inflation, border, and crime are the primary concern of voters. Due in knows his party loses on these issues. So from his perspective, his statement makes sense

But it also shows the disconnect of what Democrats find important vs what average Americans do
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What's the deal with Afghanistan?  I thought we left.

Focus should be on Make America Great Again, Morning in America, Manifest Destiny, and Americal Exceptionalism.

I don't vote and pay taxes to have American blood and treasure misspent in $h!th0le countries.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dick has never been considered a deep thinker by Illinoisans.  He is just a useful tool of the leftists that keep him in power.  With Big Mike Madigan gone maybe Dicks days are numbered.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Discreet Issues"?

Quick definition:  Those 50 other issues headed by energy and border security that have been Pedo Joe disasters.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Dick has never been considered a deep thinker by Illinoisans.  He is just a useful tool of the leftists that keep him in power.  With Big Mike Madigan gone maybe Dicks days are numbered.

My meme name for this empty suit is "Dust Bin Durbin"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What's the deal with Afghanistan?  I thought we left.

Focus should be on Make America Great Again, Morning in America, Manifest Destiny, and Americal Exceptionalism.

I don't vote and pay taxes to have American blood and treasure misspent in $h!th0le countries.
The moron along with others probably wants to send billions of taxpayer money in aid to the Taliwhackers........for the people, don't you know.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My meme name for this empty suit is "Dust Bin Durbin"
:pondering: I always thought hi dick, er, nickname was Turban Durban?