Author Topic: Transportation Sec. Pete Buttigieg Chuckles When Neil Cavuto Points out Hard Truth About Gas Prices  (Read 819 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Transportation Sec. Pete Buttigieg Chuckles When Neil Cavuto Points out Hard Truth About Gas Prices
By Cameron Arcand | Jul 05, 2022 6:00 PM ET

Transportation Sec. Pete Buttigieg came across as aloof to the struggles of average Americans in his interview on “Your World with Neil Cavuto” on Fox News Tuesday afternoon.

Although there were several rough moments throughout the interview, perhaps the most notable was when Neil Cavuto correctly pointed out that gas prices surged well before Russia invaded Ukraine.

“Half of that increase started prior to the first Russian soldiers arriving near Ukraine. You can’t blame it all on the Ukraine, right?” Cavuto asked.

“What about the other half?” Buttigieg laughed. “What about the other half? That’s a pretty important half.”

“Your administration has blamed this on the war, and that was certainly a big factor but gas prices had gone up 50 percent already before the war,” Cavuto clapped back.

“A very big factor,” the secretary replied.

“So, to me, that’s half the blame, not all the blame.” Cavuto said.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1544429140824178694

more

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1544429140824178694
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Putin is not President.  Putin is not Speaker of the House.  Putin is not Senate Majority Leader.  Putin is not Energy Secretary.  Putin is not EPA Secretary.

Elections have consequences.  The Biden admin owns the whole turd sandwich.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 10:24:00 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Putin is not President.  Putin is not Speaker of the House.  Putin is not Senate Majority Leader.  Putin is not Energy Secretary.  Putin is not EPA Secretary.

Elections have consequences.  The Biden admin owns the whole turd sandwich.

If the US oil producers were allowed to pump the oil in the US it wouldn't matter WTF Putin or anyone else did because our adding all that extra oil into the equation would force global prices down. Right now the only ones harmed by Biteme's policies are everyone else but China, India and Russia. The one reaping the most benefit of Biteme's policies are Russia, China and India.........looks like Biden is the one in Russia's pocket not Trump and at the same time he is giving China a huge assist.

Offline mountaineer

Buttjigger is dumb as a sack of hair. He and the VP are in a dead heat for incompetence and utter stupidity, at this point.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg: It Wasn’t a Mistake to Give Billions to Airlines that Can’t Provide Service Because They Pushed People into Early Retirement

Ian Hanchett 5 Jul 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg stated that, despite receiving billions to keep people employed, airlines pushed “a lot of their pilots and experienced crews into early retirement.” Which, while it technically didn’t break the terms of receiving the money, “what these buyouts and retirements did was they left these airlines unprepared to service those routes and now that’s coming back to bite the entire system.” But defended the spending by stating, “I don’t think it was a mistake to keep the U.S. aviation sector in business.”

Buttigieg said, “I was very concerned with what happened over the Memorial Day weekend, got the airlines together, asked them what steps they were taking and anything that we could do collaboratively to see improvements by the July Fourth holiday travel weekend. The good news is, this last travel weekend went better than Memorial Day did in terms of delays and cancellations. We saw an improvement to the tune of about 10%.”

Buttigieg added, “So, we saw about 3% of flights canceled. In a normal year, over that travel weekend, you’d want to see the number really below 2. So, it’s still higher than it should be, a number of issues contributing to that.”

He later stated, “Look, tens of billions of dollars of taxpayer support went to these airlines for the purpose of keeping people in their jobs. And part of the idea was, if we keep people employed, that means that we’ll have that airline sector up and running for when the demand comes back. Now, the demand has come back faster than most people thought possible, part of a general return of demand and spending in our economy that happened much more quickly than expected. Of course, that’s a good thing. But the airlines have to be prepared to service the tickets that they sell.”

Buttigieg added, “Here’s where the money went: It went to keep people on the job and prevent people from being laid off and furloughed. So, the way the bill was set up, it said you can’t fire anybody. Now, here’s what happened: While they complied with the bill in that technical sense, you still saw the airlines guide a lot of their pilots and experienced crews into early retirement. And so, that didn’t violate the terms of all this taxpayer money that came to them. It said you can’t fire people, early retirement’s a little different. But what these buyouts and retirements did was they left these airlines unprepared to service those routes and now that’s coming back to bite the entire system.”

Later, host Neil Cavuto asked Buttigieg if airlines “wasted that money?”

Buttigieg responded, “Look, when that money went out, when the Rescue Plan passed, one of the first things I heard was that flight attendants and other airline workers were told that they could tear up their furlough notices. I don’t think that was a waste of money. I think that was a very good thing. Many of these airlines, if not all of them, might have completely collapsed and gone out of business. We sometimes forget, I think, in the chatter, just how close this economy came to going off the brink, and that was definitely true for the airlines. So, look, I don’t think it was a mistake to keep the U.S. aviation sector in business. I do think the airlines that accepted all of this funding need to be able to service the routes that they’re selling tickets for.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/05/buttigieg-it-wasnt-a-mistake-to-give-billions-to-airlines-that-cant-provide-service-because-they-pushed-people-into-early-retirement/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the US oil producers were allowed to pump the oil in the US it wouldn't matter WTF Putin or anyone else did because our adding all that extra oil into the equation would force global prices down. Right now the only ones harmed by Biteme's policies are everyone else but China, India and Russia. The one reaping the most benefit of Biteme's policies are Russia, China and India.........looks like Biden is the one in Russia's pocket not Trump and at the same time he is giving China a huge assist.
It isn't just pumping. Wells deplete. In order to keep a constant supply, that means drilling new wells, and finding (and developing) new sources, either in existing fields or in newly found ones. Biden's approach, which will hurt after he is gone, is to cut off those leases onshore and off, that have promise of being where tomorrow's oil comes from, as well as hinder the development of known reserves and the transportation of the oil from those wells already in production.
He has used the EPA as a weapon against the American Economy and the American People, and failed, even to the extent of being in violation of the law to hold lease sales for new exploration and development.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Buttjigger is dumb as a sack of hair. He and the VP are in a dead heat for incompetence and utter stupidity, at this point.
It's just a question of whether being openly gay trumps being 'black' and female, at this point. No other qualifications count.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

That is very insulting to sacks of hair everywhere.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It isn't just pumping. Wells deplete. In order to keep a constant supply, that means drilling new wells, and finding (and developing) new sources, either in existing fields or in newly found ones. Biden's approach, which will hurt after he is gone, is to cut off those leases onshore and off, that have promise of being where tomorrow's oil comes from, as well as hinder the development of known reserves and the transportation of the oil from those wells already in production.
He has used the EPA as a weapon against the American Economy and the American People, and failed, even to the extent of being in violation of the law to hold lease sales for new exploration and development.
You are right of course, I just kind of ham handedly lumped everything together as pumping.

Offline Killer Clouds

The biggest joke of all is they keep talking about electric vehicles as a solution but fail to realize how the electricity is made to charge those vehicles not to mention all the other products that are made from petroleum.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
bill clinton and stephanopolous laughed their asses off as to how many times they pulled the wool over Americans eyes, todays democrats are no different.  Those that are not as stupid as democrats believe they are, are far more moved to rage.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 02:25:42 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions