Author Topic: Where Does the Climate Movement Go Next?  (Read 542 times)

rebewranger

Where Does the Climate Movement Go Next?
« on: July 05, 2022, 05:18:00 pm »
Where Does the Climate Movement Go Next?

Al Gore weighs in on the Supreme Court’s recent ruling against the Environmental Protection Agency and explains why climate change is a “crisis of American democracy.”

By Lauren Jackson
July 1, 2022

The year was 1989. Al Gore was writing about countries that now no longer exist and world leaders who are no longer alive. But his message was the same: “Earth’s fate is the No. 1 national security issue.”

In an op-ed for The Washington Post, Mr. Gore wrote about America’s tense geopolitical standoff with the Soviet Union, invoking Margaret Thatcher and Mikhail Gorbachev in the present tense.

Still, his article seems eerily familiar. More than three decades later, the United States is again contending with many of the same national security issues Mr. Gore identified: nuclear threats, a struggle between democracy and authoritarianism and, to an even greater extent, the climate crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/01/podcasts/epa-climate-al-gore.html?smid=tw-share
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:19:01 pm by rangerrebew »

rebewranger

Re: Where Does the Climate Movement Go Next?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 05:20:51 pm »
In other words, honest Al is worried what will happen to his cash flow should people get wise to the massive amounts of  b*llsh*t he's been slinging all these years. :yowsa:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 05:22:21 pm »
In other words, honest Al is worried what will happen to his cash flow should people get wise to the massive amounts of  b*llsh*t he's been slinging all these years. :yowsa:

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 07:02:05 pm »
... away?

If they are smart, which they aren't, they'd pivot towards climate resilience.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:08:28 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 09:52:12 pm »
"Where Does the Climate Movement Go Next?"

How about into here?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 11:09:54 pm »
Personally, I hope Owl Gore winds up eating ALL his carbon credits!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 06:56:21 am »
WORD!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis