Author Topic: Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney Says He Wants Out Of His Job After Police Officers Get Shot During Jul  (Read 1669 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney Says He Wants Out Of His Job After Police Officers Get Shot During July 4 Celebration

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
July 05, 2022 10:11 AM ET
Font Size:

Democratic Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said Tuesday he can’t wait for his term to end so that he can finally enjoy things after a shooting Monday left two officers injured.

Kenney said he can’t “enjoy” anything anymore because the city is marred by violence, while speaking with reporters Tuesday morning. A Philadelphia police officer was grazed in the head by a bullet while another officer, who was a member of the nearby Montgomery County bomb squad, was shot in the shoulder during a fireworks show Monday, according to Fox 29. Both officers were taken to a local hospital and released Tuesday morning.

“It was a laid back, chill day,” Kenney said, according to Fox 29. “Weather was beautiful. Concert was beautiful, but we live in America. And we have the Second Amendment. And we have the Supreme Court of the United States telling everybody they can carry a gun wherever they want. It’s like Dodge City.”

Kenney said he is constantly worrying about shootings.

“There’s not an event, or a day, where I don’t lay on my back, and look at the ceiling, and worry about stuff,” Kenney continued. “So everything we have in the city over the last seven years, I worry about. I don’t enjoy Fourth of July, I don’t enjoy the Democratic National Convention. I don’t enjoy the NFL Draft. I’m waiting for something bad to happen all the time.”

“I’ll be happy when I’m not here, when I’m not mayor, and I can enjoy some stuff,” Kenney continued.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/05/philadelphia-mayor-jim-kenney-shooting-reporter-video-wawa-july-4th/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't complain when you are the big turd running the cesspool.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Then start acting like a real mayor and not like a left-wing ideologue. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why wit until his term as mayor ends, he's obviously incompetent and should resign but he's a slime that doesn't want to give up his paycheck and benefits. Every single one of the residents he is supposed to support should demand his resignation after this whiny crybaby interview.

Offline Kamaji

Why wit until his term as mayor ends, he's obviously incompetent and should resign but he's a slime that doesn't want to give up his paycheck and benefits. Every single one of the residents he is supposed to support should demand his resignation after this whiny crybaby interview.

:thumbsup:

Offline EdinVA

“I’ll be happy when I’m not here, when I’m not mayor, and I can enjoy some stuff,” Kenney continued.

It's all about "me", not his constituents or town.... Narcissist jerk...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Second Amendment, properly applied, would not result in police getting shot on the 4th of July. It's existence is moot, in this case.

What is the mayor doing to stop CRIMINALS from shooting cops?

If he wants a nice society, that may even be possible. Shooting and killing people might become unthinkable in his city, but he has a lot of hard measures to get put in place before that happens--and a lot of mealy mouthed bullsh*t ideas to get rid of.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's all about "me", not his constituents or town.... Narcissist jerk...
Sounds like Joe Biden's kind of guy, I wonder if he kind get him a cabinet gig like he did for Buttjigger.

Offline LMAO

From the article….

It was a laid back, chill day,” Kenney said, according to Fox 29. “Weather was beautiful. Concert was beautiful, but we live in America. And we have the Second Amendment. And we have the Supreme Court of the United States telling everybody they can carry a gun wherever they want. It’s like Dodge City.”

Has nothing to do with the 2A and that’s not what the SC ruling said

He needs to quit blaming everything and everybody else for his and his party’s incompetence. No mention of the weak on crime Philadelphia DA Krasner
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:42:47 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

"I broke it, but somebody else must fix it!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If he's not up to the task, he can resign so an adult can become mayor.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

If he's not up to the task, he can resign so an adult can become mayor.

Well, it is Philly, so we may be waiting for a long, long time before an actual adult is elected mayor.