Author Topic: No Longer Blaming 'Putin's Price Hike' For High Gas Prices, Biden Has a New Scapegoat.. Leah Barkou  (Read 914 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No Longer Blaming 'Putin's Price Hike' For High Gas Prices, Biden Has a New Scapegoat
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Jul 05, 2022 7:00 AM

President Biden urged gas stations on Saturday to simply lower prices at the pump as Americans are paying an average of $4.80 per gallon.

“My message to the companies running gas stations and setting prices at the pump is simple: this is a time of war and global peril,” the president tweeted. “Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you’re paying for the product. And do it now.”

By targeting individual gas stations, the Biden administration appears to be moving on from blaming oil companies and its “Putin’s Price Hike” talking point.

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1543646505738944512

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1543263229006254080

Sen. Rand Paul reminded the president the U.S. is not actually at war.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/07/05/oil-and-gas-association-response-to-biden-n2609734
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This from the President who is leading jihad against hydro-carbons.

Scarcity creates value.  Not allowing exploration, development, transporation, refinement, and storage of hydro-carbons will make them more expensive.

The QTip-in-Chief needs to look in the mirror.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This ignorant jackhole doesn't realize that most stations lose money on the gas, make it up on all the other stuff.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden is like a sleazy car salesman who will tell you he loses 100 bucks on every car he sells, but he makes it back on volume.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This ignorant jackhole doesn't realize that most stations lose money on the gas, make it up on all the other stuff.

The fact this POTUS doesn't realize that gas station owners have to pay for maintenance, taxes, utilities, insurance, etc.  is mind boggling.

He had the freakin' balls to ask station owners to sell the gas at cost.   Maybe a few more station owners won't mind the stickers that truly blame the right guy who created this disaster.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

The fact this POTUS doesn't realize that gas station owners have to pay for maintenance, taxes, utilities, insurance, etc.  is mind boggling.

He had the freakin' balls to ask station owners to sell the gas at cost.   Maybe a few more station owners won't mind the stickers that truly blame the right guy who created this disaster.

This is what happens when you put a person in charge of the world's largest economy who has never had a real, non-governmental job in his life.

And also, when that person is particularly stupid and arrogant.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is what happens when you put a person in charge of the world's largest economy who has never had a real, non-governmental job in his life.

And also, when that person is particularly stupid and arrogant.

In the past year, I have seen no less than a half dozen news artices TV and print, where station owners have pleaded to patrons not to affix the "I did That" Biden stickers  Some even going as far as calling it criminal grafitti. 

That really sucks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Gas station owners only make about two cents profit after expenses how is a station owner giving that up going to make a difference? Maybe Captain Dementia doesn't have a clue about gas station profit margins but the idiots(an idiots idiots?) certainly do when they are telling him to spew the line. It's getting real obvious, even to mind numbed democrat robots that Biden not Putin or oil companies or even gas station owners are the cause of all this economic misery and everyone is sick and tired of his 'It's not me, it's you' bullshit.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Gas station owners only make about two cents profit after expenses how is a station owner giving that up going to make a difference? Maybe Captain Dementia doesn't have a clue about gas station profit margins but the idiots(an idiots idiots?) certainly do when they are telling him to spew the line. It's getting real obvious, even to mind numbed democrat robots that Biden not Putin or oil companies or even gas station owners are the cause of all this economic misery and everyone is sick and tired of his 'It's not me, it's you' bullshit.

Pedo Joe dog-piling blame on gas station owners is an PR F'up of epic proportions.

Of course its pretty tough to erode a sub 30 approal rating. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, somebody, somewhere listened to what ol' joe had to say.

Oil prices dropped from around $108 this morning to $100 just now.

C'mon, folks, educate me as to why drilling and shipping oil cost $8 more a barrel this morning, than it does this afternoon...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 10:35:48 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

C'mon, folks, educate me as to why drilling and shipping oil cost $8 more a barrel this morning, than it does this afternoon...

Today's price drops attributred to growing sentiment  of a significant recession, and tbe drop in demand that mght trigger.

This market is knee jerk mode right now anyway.  And to boot, the pundits have where it might go all over the map.  Today, I heard the hedgers have it ranged between $45-$350/bbl.  So that gives you a clue no one has any earthly idea.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Price is determined by bid, like any other commodity, not set by the seller.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis