Author Topic: Mitt Romney warns the U.S. is going through a 'national malady of denial' that could be 'cataclysmic  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I would not vote for Romney again. I'd leave that space blank.
(and roamer's responses once again illustrate why he is, and will remain forever, on my "ignore" list)

Offline andy58-in-nh

How many foreign corporations/governments does Mittens get paychecks from?

You don't need to crack open that particular fortune cookie to surmise the answer.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You don't need to crack open that particular fortune cookie to surmise the answer.

:yowsa: That's exactly right!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If some strange reason Romney became the 2024 nominee, and watching his performance the last several years, who here would still cast a ballot for him?
Hell, that would never happen in a million years.

He is disliked by everybody, and I mean everybody.

Can you name one group that actually likes him?  I even know Mormons that hate his guts.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Can you name one group that actually likes him?  I even know Mormons that hate his guts.

:yowsa: You do!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

No one liked him the first time around either. But they voted for him anyway.
This time would be no different. If he were to obtain the nomination, he would suddenly be converted into the most conservative conservative evah by right leaning press... Heck, he even got Limbaugh's nod last time around. I remember because that was the last day I listened to Limbaugh.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
ME TOO! I don't see how anybody did vote for him.
He always gave me the impression of 'that's what a Ken (as in Barbie and) doll would look like if it went into politics'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He always gave me the impression of 'that's what a Ken (as in Barbie and) doll would look like if it went into politics'.

LOL!  Always think of him as the "Marlboro Man" who doesn't smoke tobacco.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
LOL!  Always think of him as the "Marlboro Man" who doesn't smoke tobacco.

I always saw him as looking like a sleazy car salesman, who just went to his manager the 3rd time for the really good deal...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No one liked him the first time around either. But they voted for him anyway.
This time would be no different. If he were to obtain the nomination, he would suddenly be converted into the most conservative conservative evah by right leaning press... Heck, he even got Limbaugh's nod last time around. I remember because that was the last day I listened to Limbaugh.
Only in the general, not the primaries.  And even then this is what Rush said(if you had bothered to listen).

Rush Limbaugh: Romney Is Not A Conservative
The reason is simple: Romney is not a conservative. He's not, folks. You can argue with me all day long on that, but he isn't. What he has going for him is that he's not Obama and that he is doing incredibly well in the debates because he's done it a long time. He's very seasoned. He never makes a mistake, and he's going to keep winning these things if he never makes a mistake. It's that simple. But I'm not personally ready to settle on anybody yet -- and I know that neither are most of you, and I also know that most of you do not want this over now, before we've even had a single primary! All we've had are straw votes. You know that the Republican establishment's trying to nail this down and end it. You know that that's happening, and I know that you don't want that to happen, and neither do I.

Now, as for Romney -- and you should know, by the way, that I've met Romney. I've not played golf with him but I've met him, and I like all of these people. This isn't personal, not with what country faces and so forth. I like him very much. I've spent some social time with him. He's a fine guy. He's very nice gentleman. He is a gentleman. But he's not a conservative -- and if you disagree, I'm open. The telephone lines are yours. Call and tell me what you think it is that makes him a principled conservative, what exactly is it. Is there something that he has said that shows conservative, principled leadership? What did he say? I'm open to it. Now, we're told that governors are better than legislators when looking for presidents for a host of reasons.

Legislators are filled with ego, they sit around and by "yes" men, they're not executives, and they're one of many, and the buck never really stops with them. Governors, it's just the exact opposite. But when we look at the record, and we bring up Romneycare, we're told, "Well, that's been he was a governor, but as president he wouldn't do any such thing." What? What do you mean he wouldn't do any such thing? He did it is the point. He has positions as governor that make it obvious he believes in the concept of manmade global warming. "Yeah, but that was as governor, Rush. It's a liberal state. He had to do things to get elected." Um, there's gonna be a lot of liberal pressure on whoever our president is: Media, Democrat members of Congress that the media's gonna fawn all over.

Every night you'll have Harry Reid and Pelosi on camera commenting on what the new conservative president's doing. There's gonna be all kinds of liberal pressure on whoever our next president is who's a Republican conservative. The Romneycare health care bill has individual mandates, and they're wrong. Individual mandates are wrong whether they're imposed by a governor or a president. Governor McDonnell of Virginia has not done what Romney did in Massachusetts, and neither have most other Republican governors. Governor McDonnell of Virginia is running a very small deficits, but surplus, in fact, I think. His unemployment rate in Virginia is way down. Nobody talks about him for the presidency, because he himself has not put himself out there for it.

But most Republican governors are not having to fall back on the federalism argument to justify what they did. "Well, it's states' rights. You know, we're laboratories. We can do whatever we want to do. I wouldn't do it, of course, at the federal level! I wouldn't do it. But, of course, the governors we gotta experiment with things," and the reason that they're not falling back on federalism is because, as governors, they didn't make terrible policy decisions that they now have to justify. So if we are going to look at a governor's record, what exactly do we find? There's manmade global warming, and Romney has indicated that he believes in it and he has supported laws in Massachusetts built on it. The EPA, the Environmental Protection Agency, in the federal government is out of control.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/12/rush_limbaugh_romney_is_not_a_conservative.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

If some strange reason Romney became the 2024 nominee, and watching his performance the last several years, who here would still cast a ballot for him?

This time I will vote for the Rat if Romney is the nominee.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This time I will vote for the Rat if Romney is the nominee.

I know you are kidding......    :silly:

I have voted for zero democratic candidates in 47 years. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
If people want to fall further off the cliff, they can Run Romney and Pence, so they can bawl even longer and louder than they are doing of Biden.  Some fools and sukkas never want to veer off course, disasters suit them just fine.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

There is no way Romney will be the GOP candidate in 2024. Even the GOP know that he is huge loser.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 05:09:28 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If America didn't want Romney in 2012, why would we want him in 2024?  Voters do not like the Romney brand.

He had to move to Utah because he could not get elected to Federal office (President, Senator) in Massachusetts.

Romney has worn out his welcome in Massachusetts and in Michigan.  How long before the voters of Utah turn against him?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:01:01 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There is no way Romney will be the GOP candidate in 2024. Even the GOP know that he ia huge loser.

I agree. Trump has changed everything. I don't see the Romney's and McCain's of the party ever getting the nod again.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If America didn't want Romney in 2012, why would we want him in 2024?  Voters do not like the Romney brand.

He had to move to Utah because he could not get elected to Federal office (President, Senator) in Massachusetts.

Romney has worn out his welcome in Massachusetts and in Michigan.  How long before the voters of Utah turn against him?

Unfortunately, Utah is rapidly becoming California East!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:06:07 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Only in the general, not the primaries.  And even then this is what Rush said(if you had bothered to listen).

I heard what he said (so I didn't bother reading). Rejected then, rejected now... I don't give a single sh*t what he said anymore. Furthermore, it was not his endorsement per se, necessarily, it could have been after that moment.

And I care no different whether the primary or the general. I will NOT vote for a liberal, whether conservative mouthpieces call him a conservative or not. Then as now, big.gov is an automatic deal-breaker.

Offline roamer_1

I agree. Trump has changed everything. I don't see the Romney's and McCain's of the party ever getting the nod again.

Tumpy changed nothing so far. The moderate wing is still in firm control of the GOP, and the levers of political and congressional power.

Offline Killer Clouds

I heard what he said (so I didn't bother reading). Rejected then, rejected now... I don't give a single sh*t what he said anymore. Furthermore, it was not his endorsement per se, necessarily, it could have been after that moment.

And I care no different whether the primary or the general. I will NOT vote for a liberal, whether conservative mouthpieces call him a conservative or not. Then as now, big.gov is an automatic deal-breaker.
You don't vote so your opinion means nothing. You can sit down and STFU.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Tumpy changed nothing so far. The moderate wing is still in firm control of the GOP, and the levers of political and congressional power.

In the Presidential nomination process though, I don't expect to ever see a McCain or Romney to ever get the nod again.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
In the Presidential nomination process though, I don't expect to ever see a McCain or Romney to ever get the nod again.

If we don't get our elections cleaned up it's not going to matter!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@Killer Clouds

LOL!   You must be 'new' here.

@roamer_1 is classified as an Endangered Species in Briefer lore and thereby...well, you know.

Many years ago, we got him so pissed over his 'Vote' that he stopped posting for a week.

Forgive the term, but there was an Insurrection on the forum...nobody knew how to skin a deer, transplant an engine block, build a fk'n shed....NOTHING!!!   

So they threw palms when he returned.

Love ya, Roam!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

nah. I don't vote for your big.gov guys. Like Romney, who you've already admitted to voting for. And Tumpy of course.

Put up a Conservative and I will be there every_time.

Offline roamer_1

Many years ago, we got him so pissed over his 'Vote' that he stopped posting for a week.

I don't remember that being about voting... Though if I was gone a week near voting time, that's hunting season. me being gone a week or two anytime from late August through Turkey Day should be no surprise.

But... be careful what you wish for - Most of the philosophically hard core Conservatives are gone from this site already.