Author Topic: Americans Want Their Old Fossil-Fuel Economy Back — I&I/TIPP Poll  (Read 216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Americans Want Their Old Fossil-Fuel Economy
Back — I&I/TIPP Poll

by Terry Jones

Joe Biden’s presidency has foundered as gasoline prices have soared, with readings in numerous polls showing record or near-record low favorability. Biden’s climate change policies, which many blame for the sudden surge in fuel costs, are now highly unpopular among average Americans, a new I&I/TIPP Poll shows.

For our online July I&I/TIPP Poll, taken from July 6-9, we asked 1,643 adults across America to consider the following statement: “President Biden has said that record-high gasoline and electricity prices are necessary for meeting his goal of eliminating fossil fuels in the U.S. to fight climate change.”

Respondents were then asked to respond to a question with five choices: “Would you say you:

1.) Agree with Biden’s climate change policy, even if it means higher energy prices.

2.) Disagree with Biden’s policy, and want more energy produced to decrease prices.

3.) Don’t think global climate change should be a U.S. policy priority.

4.) I don’t believe in climate change.

5.) Not sure.

The answer that came back loud and clear will not be comforting to either Biden or his Democratic Party advisers: Just 32% of those answering the poll, which has a margin of error of +/-2.5 percentage points, said they support Biden’s climate change policy even if it means higher energy prices.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/07/21/ii-tipp-poll-americans-want-their-old-fossil-fuel-economy-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum