Author Topic: Chicago crowds attack police, shoot fireworks in late-night unrest  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 4, 2022 9:42am EDT
Chicago crowds attack police, shoot fireworks in late-night unrest
One Chicago officer sustained minor injuries from the attacks
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

Violent crowds in Chicago attacked police cars with fists and fireworks in at least two incidents this weekend, injuring one officer.

Police first came under attack Saturday night when a crowd jumped on top of a patrol car, kicking and punching the vehicle until the windshield broke. One officer was injured in the incident, according to CBS Chicago.

A second incident early Monday morning saw a crowd shooting fireworks at patrol cars, which reversed away slowly as the crowd kicked and punched the vehicle.

There have been no reported injuries from the second incident, and police made no arrests.

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1543877996989353985

Chicago has seen extensive violence throughout Independence Day weekend, with 54 people being shot, including seven fatalities, since Friday.

Police officials called on parents to keep track of their children throughout the weekend.

"There's no reason why everyone can't enjoy the holiday and every event safety. Parents, please, please know where your children are," Police Super intendant David Brown said. "Don't leave them to government to be the parents of your kids. We need you, parents, please, to help us make sure your young people are safe."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-crowds-attack-police-shoot-fireworks-late-night-unrest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Chicago crowds attack police, shoot fireworks in late-night unrest
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 07:09:43 am »
If I was a cop in Chicago and treated this way, I wouldn't even finish my shift I would just drive in to the station hand in my badge and resignation and give a hail and hardy FU to the residents of Chitcago. A cop signs up knowing his life may be at risk from criminals but unfortunately in Chitcago that seems to be a very high percentage of the residents.