Author Topic: Highland Park Fourth of July parade disrupted by gunfire, multiple people feared shot  (Read 16107 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Uncle of Bobby Crimo said nephew showed no signs of violence: report
By David Propper   
July 4, 2022 11:33pm

The uncle of Robert “Bobby” Crimo III — the person of interest in Highland Park’s 4th of July parade mass shooting — said there were no signals that his 22-year-old nephew would carry out such carnage.

“There were no signs that I saw that would make him do this,” Paul Crimo told CNN in a Monday night interview after his nephew was taken into custody in connection to the shooting.

Robert Crimo was described as a recluse by his uncle and others who knew him, including neighbors and former classmates.

Police said at a press conference announcing the arrest it is believed Robert Crimo was responsible for the hail of bullets that rang out during the annual 4th of July parade.

But Paul Crimo said he’s never seen his nephew act violent or exhibit concerning behavior, according to CNN.

“I have nothing bad to say about him,” he told the outlet.

But he noted, “He’s a quiet kid. He’s usually on his own. He’s a lonely, quiet person. He keeps everything to himself.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/07/04/bobby-crimos-uncle-said-nephew-showed-no-signs-of-violence-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Confirmed.

Amateur Rapper, Bobby Crimo III Wrote 'I Know What I Have To Do'

Jeff Arnold  |  Posted Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 12:03 am CT  |  Updated Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 8:18 am CT

Robert "Bobby" Crimo III appeared at rallies in 2020 in Highland Park and Northbrook supporting former President Donald Trump and rapped under the name "Awake the Rapper." (Photo courtesy of Aaron Brooks Photography)

HIGHLAND PARK, IL — The 22-year-old man who was arrested Monday evening after being identified by police as the person of interest linked to the deadly July 4 parade mass shooting that killed six people and injured 24 others in Highland Park has a history of posting disturbing images on social media, including some depicting gun violence.

But his relatives describe Robert "Bobby" Crimo III as a quiet kid who kept to himself and who was attempting to make a living as an online rapper.  .  .  .

.  .  .  Crimo’s father — owner of a since-closed local deli and convenience store — unsuccessfully ran for mayor of Highland Park in 2019.

Media reports indicated that Crimo lived with his father and uncle in Highland Park. In an interview with Fox 32, Crimo’s uncle, Paul, said he is heartbroken and expressed his condolences to the families of those killed and injured in Monday’s mass shooting.

“I wanted to say I’m deeply, deeply sorry,” Crimo’s uncle said in the televised interview. “From the bottom of my heart, I’m heartbroken and my heart is just shattered. I can’t even believe it.”  .  .  .

https://patch.com/illinois/highlandpark/amateur-rapper-bobby-crimo-iii-wrote-i-know-what-i-have-do
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

By David Propper   

The uncle of Robert “Bobby” Crimo III — the person of interest in Highland Park’s 4th of July parade mass shooting — said there were no signals that his 22-year-old nephew would carry out such carnage.

“There were no signs that I saw that would make him do this,” Paul Crimo told CNN in a Monday night interview after his nephew was taken into custody in connection to the shooting.

Robert Crimo was described as a recluse by his uncle and others who knew him, including neighbors and former classmates.

Police said at a press conference announcing the arrest it is believed Robert Crimo was responsible for the hail of bullets that rang out during the annual 4th of July parade.

But Paul Crimo said he’s never seen his nephew act violent or exhibit concerning behavior, according to CNN.

But he noted, “He’s a quiet kid. He’s usually on his own. He’s a lonely, quiet person. He keeps everything to himself.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/07/04/bobby-crimos-uncle-said-nephew-showed-no-signs-of-violence-report/

Then the uncle wasn't paying much attention.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then the uncle wasn't paying much attention.

These are the people the lefties are relying upon for their "red flag laws."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

By David Propper   

more
The kid lived by himself in the dad's basement.  Made rap videos of violence.  Was all tattooed up.  Bet he played bloody video games all day long.  And here the uncle saw nothing wrong with the kid.  The kid was screaming that he needed help.

Offline Kamaji

The kid lived by himself in the dad's basement.  Made rap videos of violence.  Was all tattooed up.  Bet he played bloody video games all day long.  And here the uncle saw nothing wrong with the kid.  The kid was screaming that he needed help.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Lot more like this stupid pencil necked geek white kid out there.  Time for some parents to step up and parent for a change.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

So this recluse/loner thing isn't new it's a long term issue and note there are no comments attributed to friends, just 'former classmates'. Yeah I'm gonna go with neither his uncle or father were paying a damn bit of real attention to this kid for a long long time. Also from the uncle “I associate with him, but I don’t really like to engage with him. I say hi and then when I leave I say bye. That’s it,” he told CNN.

So we have a loner, unemployed, no friends and disconnected family, what could go wrong? And did you see the photo in the article? Creepy smile and a copy of a paper with a headline about Oswald being slain in his jail shift. Naw, there were no signs, none at all.

Offline Kamaji

So this recluse/loner thing isn't new it's a long term issue and note there are no comments attributed to friends, just 'former classmates'. Yeah I'm gonna go with neither his uncle or father were paying a damn bit of real attention to this kid for a long long time. Also from the uncle “I associate with him, but I don’t really like to engage with him. I say hi and then when I leave I say bye. That’s it,” he told CNN.

So we have a loner, unemployed, no friends and disconnected family, what could go wrong? And did you see the photo in the article? Creepy smile and a copy of a paper with a headline about Oswald being slain in his jail shift. Naw, there were no signs, none at all.

Exactly.

Online Hoodat

So we have a loner, unemployed, no friends and disconnected family, what could go wrong?

Still haven't heard a word from mom and dad.  I imagine the father has been in a funk since his business folded, probably due to government-imposed Covid restrictions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Highland Park’s Mayor Blames ‘Gun Culture’ After City’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Fails to Stop Mass Shooting

AWR Hawkins5 Jul 20224
2:14

Highland Park’s Democrat Mayor Nancy Rotering blamed “gun culture” after her city’s “assault weapons” ban failed to stop the July 4th parade attack.

Rotering appeared on NBC’s Today Show on July 5, 2022, and host Hoda Kolb noted, “In 2013, you signed an ‘assault weapons’ ban that was in place and is in place.”

Kolb and Rotering then discussed the gun used in the July 4 parade shooting, with Rotering saying “it was legally obtained.”

Rotering called for a new look at laws surrounding “legally obtained guns.”

She later added:

Yesterday we came together as a community to celebrate independence and freedom after two years of not having a parade. We were ready to come together as a community to celebrate our nation and, in fact, as a result, because of this gun culture, our nation turned its back on us and turned its back on our celebration.
more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2022/07/05/highland-parks-democrat-mayor-blames-gun-culture-after-citys-assault-weapons-ban-fails-stop-mass-shooting/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

Highland Park’s Mayor Blames ‘Gun Culture’ After City’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Fails to Stop Mass Shooting

AWR Hawkins5 Jul 20224
2:14

Highland Park’s Democrat Mayor Nancy Rotering blamed “gun culture” after her city’s “assault weapons” ban failed to stop the July 4th parade attack.

Rotering appeared on NBC’s Today Show on July 5, 2022, and host Hoda Kolb noted, “In 2013, you signed an ‘assault weapons’ ban that was in place and is in place.”

Kolb and Rotering then discussed the gun used in the July 4 parade shooting, with Rotering saying “it was legally obtained.”

She later added:

Yesterday we came together as a community to celebrate independence and freedom after two years of not having a parade. We were ready to come together as a community to celebrate our nation and, in fact, as a result, because of this gun culture, our nation turned its back on us and turned its back on our celebration.
more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2022/07/05/highland-parks-democrat-mayor-blames-gun-culture-after-citys-assault-weapons-ban-fails-stop-mass-shooting/

:facepalm2:

No dearie.  It is cultural, but it has more to do with a culture that abandons at-risk male youth to the depredations of liberal culture.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

If the kid doesn't have an FOID card issued by the state of Illinois then he didn't have a "legally obtained" gun.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

Any mention of employment? Funny how all these ne'er-do-well stoners manage to find the $$ for so many guns and so much ammo - all without the family having a clue.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

He was wearing women's clothing? Figures. But he just missed pride month.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:00:23 pm by mountaineer »

Online Hoodat

How does she know it was legally obtained?  She is already on record saying that she doesn't know where the gun came from.

Yesterday we came together as a community to celebrate independence and freedom after two years of not having a parade.

So why didn't you have a parade for the past two years?  Who was the idiot bureaucrat who blocked that from happening?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Highland Park shooting suspect 'pre-planned' attack, wore women's clothing to hide identity: police

Authorities investigating the deadly Fourth of July parade shooting in Highland Park, Illinois said Tuesday they believe suspected gunman Robert Crimo III “pre-planned this attack for several weeks.”

Lake County Major Crime Task Force spokesman Christopher Covelli said it appears Crimo III legally purchased a “high-powered rifle” and brought it to the parade before accessing the roof of a business through a fire escape ladder.

He then fired more than 70 rounds into the crowds below, killing 6 and wounding dozens more, Covelli said.

“During the attack, Crimo was dressed in women’s clothing and investigators do believe he did this to conceal his facial tattoos and his identity and help him during the escape with the other people who were fleeing the chaos," he added.

Officials say Crimo III then dropped the weapon and fled the scene with the rest of the panicked public, blending right in almost as if he was an innocent spectator.

The 21-year-old then went to his mother’s house and borrowed her vehicle before later being found and taken into custody, according to Covelli.

Inside that vehicle police found another rifle that appears to have been bought by Crimo III – and investigators elsewhere recovered several more firearms at a home he was living in, in Highwood, which police believe he also purchased legally, Covelli added.

No charges have been filed yet and a motive remains unknown.
Posted by Greg Norman
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

On the news I saw FBI agents carefully searching for clues along the parade route. Their khaki pants and navy shirts looked very familiar, somehow ... Just can't put my finger on it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Highland Park shooting: Dick Durbin calls on voters to elect pro-gun control politicians after parade attack
Sen. Durbin says he's fed up after July 4 shooting near Chicago
By Lisa Bennatan , Jon Michael Raasch | Fox News

HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. – Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin called on Americans to vote for politicians who support gun control following the mass shooting at an Independence Day parade near Chicago.

"How long are we going to accept this in America?" Durbin asked during an interview with Fox News.

A gunman shot into the July 4 parade, killing six and injuring more than 30. Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III was arrested as a person of interest in the shooting.

Durbin called Highland Park the safest place in Illinois before the attack.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-park-shooting-dick-durbin-voters-must-elect-pro-gun-control-politicians-parade-attack
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. – Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin called on Americans to vote for politicians who support gun control following the mass shooting at an Independence Day parade near Chicago.

"How long are we going to accept this in America?" Durbin asked during an interview with Fox News.

Ever consider scrapping 'gun control' and replacing it with 'left-wing wacko control'?

Offline goatprairie

Highland Park shooting: Dick Durbin calls on voters to elect pro-gun control politicians after parade attack
Sen. Durbin says he's fed up after July 4 shooting near Chicago
By Lisa Bennatan , Jon Michael Raasch | Fox News

A gunman shot into the July 4 parade, killing six and injuring more than 30. Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III was arrested as a person of interest in the shooting.

Durbin called Highland Park the safest place in Illinois before the attack.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-park-shooting-dick-durbin-voters-must-elect-pro-gun-control-politicians-parade-attack
Any person not yet barred from purchasing a firearm can buy a deer rifle with a scope, get on top of some building, find a crowd doing whatever, and kill a lot of people.
They'd have to try to confiscate every firearm in the country which isn't going to happen.
They're going to have to do more to stop these creeps before they can start killing. I get the feeling that if he didn't have a rifle, a car would have sufficed considering the evil sentiments he expressed on social media.

Online Hoodat

Any mention of employment? Funny how all these ne'er-do-well stoners manage to find the $$ for so many guns and so much ammo - all without the family having a clue.

Stimulus checks.

Offline LMAO

Highland Park shooting suspect 'pre-planned' attack, wore women's clothing to hide identity:

Lol

There’s a job waiting for him in the Biden administration
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The case in Texas is really out there in the Twilight Zone with so many unanswered questions. The shooters weapons and ammo cashe was extremely high-end estimated value of around $10,000. That's a lot of money for an unemployed disturbed high-school dropout. Where did he get the money? Nobody knows?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.