Author Topic: Cheney: 'I Can Make Sure Trump Never Gets Anywhere Close to the Oval Office Again'  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney: 'I Can Make Sure Trump Never Gets Anywhere Close to the Oval Office Again'
Sarah Arnold

Posted: Jul 03, 2022 2:15 PM

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) is cautioning the GOP if President Trump were to run for the White House again in 2024.

During an interview on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos, Cheney said that the Republican Party can't survive if Trump wins the GOP nomination.

"I think that he can't be the party nominee. And I don't think the party would survive that… I believe in the party, and I believe in what the party can be and what the party can stand for. And I'm not ready to give that up," Cheney said.

She went on to falsely claim that "millions of Republicans have been betrayed by Donald Trump," saying that he has torn the country and the Republican Party apart.

Cheney also claimed that she had morals and a "responsibility" to uphold what the GOP means, despite throwing Trump under the bus several times, including when she told ABC that she would do everything in her power to make sure Trump never gets back into the Oval Office again.

"Those of us who believe in Republican principles and ideals have a responsibility to try to lead the party back to what it can be, and to reject, and to reject so much of the toxin and the vitriol," Cheney said, who is perhaps the most outspoken anti-Trump fan within the GOP.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/07/03/cheney-i-can-make-sure-trump-never-gets-anywhere-close-to-the-oval-office-again-n2609706
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Maybe she should worry less about Donald Trump and worry more about her quickly fading reelection prospects
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Presumptuous _itch isn't she/it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is your Dad gonna take Trump hunting?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looking at Cheney's quotes egotistic comments I think she would claim Benedict Arnold was a patriot......just... like...her.

Online mountaineer

She can't do diddly squat when she's voted out of office (which will be soon, but not soon enough).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org