Author Topic: Expert warns green agenda has left grid 'incredibly' vulnerable, US could see widespread blackouts  (Read 1367 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 4, 2022 2:27am EDT
Rush toward green energy has left US 'incredibly' vulnerable to summer blackouts, expert warns
Expert says renewable energy doesn't work and could lead to more blackouts
By Michael Lee | Fox News

Every area of the U.S. could be in danger of experiencing power outages this summer amid a push to convert to renewable energy sources while taking traditional sources of power offline.

"I think the entire country is incredibly vulnerable, because the entire country is facing a huge energy shortage and I don’t think there is any place that is truly safe," Daniel Turner, founder and executive director at Power the Future, told Fox News.

At issue are blackouts that could become widespread across the country this summer as grid operators struggle to meet the increased demand, a problem that has plagued some states for years but now could threaten much of the country.

Turner said some states are under increased threat this year, especially those that have made political pushes to switch over to so-called sources of "green energy."

"The areas of the country I’d be most concerned about are the ones that already have inherent weaknesses," Turner said. "Texas, California, New Mexico, New York, all of New England. These are areas whose policies and political decisions have weakened their electric grid."

The potential outages come as many states have moved to quickly take plants that produce traditional sources of energy such as coal and natural gas offline and switch production over to renewable energy sources, which currently do not have the capacity to keep up with the demand of a hot summer.

Part of the issue with renewable sources of energy such as wind and solar is that it is dependent on variables outside human control, with some areas not having enough wind or sunshine to continuously produce power. Batteries are in development that could help store excess energy production for later use, but the technology is currently expensive and not fully developed.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/rush-green-energy-has-left-us-incredibly-vulnerable-summer-blackouts-expert-warns
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Governor Abbott - Are you paying attention yet in case Feb 2021 did not impress you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Governor Abbott - Are you paying attention yet in case Feb 2021 did not impress you?
Maybe you need to see how your green energy crap is holding up?

This One ERCOT Chart Explains Why Texas Is Having Electricity Shortages
https://www.realclearenergy.org/articles/2022/07/24/this_one_ercot_chart_explains_why_texas_is_having_electricity_shortages_843990.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Mind boggling isn't it?  We need someone in there who will be an anti-GND warrior.  Abbott's been terribly tepid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

During the current Heat Wave, Massachusetts utility customers have received notices that there could be rolling brownouts.

Massachsuetts has retired nuclear, coal, and LNG power generation stations without replacing lost generation capacity.

Gov Baker's great green hope is Cape Wind and England Clean Energy Connect (NECEC) transmission project in Maine to bring more Quebec Hyrdo generation to supply Mass.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has already warned that Massachusetts is too dependent on natural gas for power generation.  They warned that Massachusetts may need to ration natural gas among power generators and residential and commerical heat customers during a prolonged Winter cold snap.

Massachusetts won't allow exisiting natural gas power plants to expand generation capacity, and won't allow new pipeline construction to pipe in natural gas from the Marcellus Shale.

Some natural gas companies in western Mass have stopped new residential installations because they lack supply.

For Massachusetts, Winter is the danger season because of the competing needs (electricity vs heat) for limited natural gas supply.

The Stupid and Nonsense is strong with Governor Baker.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

During the current Heat Wave, Massachusetts utility customers have received notices that there could be rolling brownouts.

Massachsuetts has retired nuclear, coal, and LNG power generation stations without replacing lost generation capacity.

Gov Baker's great green hope is Cape Wind and England Clean Energy Connect (NECEC) transmission project in Maine to bring more Quebec Hyrdo generation to supply Mass.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has already warned that Massachusetts is too dependent on natural gas for power generation.  They warned that Massachusetts may need to ration natural gas among power generators and residential and commerical heat customers during a prolonged Winter cold snap.

Massachusetts won't allow exisiting natural gas power plants to expand generation capacity, and won't allow new pipeline construction to pipe in natural gas from the Marcellus Shale.

Some natural gas companies in western Mass have stopped new residential installations because they lack supply.

For Massachusetts, Winter is the danger season because of the competing needs (electricity vs heat) for limited natural gas supply.

The Stupid and Nonsense is strong with Governor Baker.
And nuclear power is gone.

Listen to the nonsense spewing from the state government when it was announced the nuclear plant at Pilgrim was shutting down in 2019.

"We are not worried about supply.  We have had years to plan and other new resources will take care of things."

https://youtu.be/Cd-BR0SVJcg

@Joe Wooten
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 04:57:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Finger...how about a whole damn hand on the scales!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Finger...how about a whole damn hand on the scales!

That's a good chart to keep handy.  Thanks!