Author Topic: Today's Toons 7/4/22  (Read 3817 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 7/4/22
« on: July 04, 2022, 10:16:01 am »
Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click for related story:

Click for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Number 0:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

President Biden gave his first print interview in thirteen months to the AP Thursday and ripped Exxon and Chevron for causing price hikes. Time flies by so quickly as we get older. I can't believe it's already Inflation is Big Oil's Fault season, I still have my Inflation is Putin's Fault decorations up.

The Supreme Court was picketed by pro-choice demonstrators Thursday ahead of the ruling on Roe v. Wade's constitutionality. It's welcome news that House Democrats finally passed a bill giving police protection to conservative members of the Supreme Court. The bad news is, it's the Uvalde police.

The Federal Reserve raised interest rates three-quarters of a point Wednesday to try to slow down inflation and the move sparked a market rally. The administration is hoping this measure will give the U.S. economy a much-needed jolt before the fall elections. If that doesn't work, North Korea has to go.

Politico reported that Latina Mayra Flores who was born in Mexico and is daughter of Mexican migrants won a U.S. Congressional seat in a traditionally Democratic district in South Texas Tuesday. Shockingly she's a Republican. House Democrats promptly labeled her the new face of white supremacy.

The DHS is going to punish two mounted Border Patrol agents seen on TV last fall twirling their reins to control their horses while turning back migrants. The agents were cleared of whipping the border crossers. However, the administration plans to punish them for not converting to electric horses.

Mattel unveiled a Voter Barbie doll to inspire kids to get engaged in politics. The fact that Barbie is wearing an “I Voted” sticker AND holding an unmarked ballot tells me she's with the DNC. Just noticing that could get me charged by a House Committee with threatening to overthrow our democracy.

Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen tried to assure the financial markets that recession is not inevitable from skyrocketing price of consumer goods, soaring food costs and the doubled price of gas. The good news is, President Biden can blame falling off his bike on his bicycle tires. Too much inflation.

President Biden fell off his bicycle with TV news cameras rolling Saturday while bicycling on the Rehoboth Beach trail during his holiday weekend vacation in Delaware. Joe went down faster than the economy. Thank goodness Biden was wearing his crash helmet, the same one he uses to climb stairs.

GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Sunday denounced Nancy Pelosi's January 6th Committee as the most partisan and the least legitimate House committee in American history. I will never forget what happened on the day of January 6th, 2021. I filled up my car for three dollars a gallon.

Kamala Harris told a grade school class Monday that slavery existed in America for four hundred years, overstating the truth by one hundred fifty years. If the truth be told, Kamala's great-grandfather owned more slaves in Jamaica than my great-grandfather did in Alabama. And that's saying something.

The White House reported Monday the Biden Administration is mulling a federal gas tax holiday and even gas rebates in an effort to alleviate the pain of filling up at the gas station. I don't want to be a billionaire. I just want to be rich enough to stare off into the distance whenever I'm pumping gas.

The Wall Street Journal expressed worry about a possible recession on the horizon Sunday after the stock market had its worst one-week slide since the first month of the pandemic. Trillions were lost in the crash. Dow Jones vowed this was the last time he gets on a bicycle and goes Ridin' with Biden.

President Biden assured reporters Monday he's fine after he fell off his bicycle when his foot got caught in the pedal stirrup while trying to dismount Saturday. The spill was all part of his training regimen. President Biden is an active cyclist and will be representing America in this year's Tour de Klutz.

-- Argus Hamilton

Click below for more:

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 10:17:01 am by pookie18 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 7/4/22
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 11:25:24 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 11:29:16 am »
Thankyou Pookie, Happy Treason day
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 01:35:17 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 03:12:18 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 03:13:28 pm »
Thankyou Pookie, Happy Treason day

My pleasure, Verga!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 03:14:48 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & you're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 04:10:27 pm »
Happy Independence Day Pookie!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 04:57:48 pm »
Happy Independence Day, Pookie!!!  A nice collection of American Toons!!  Argus always good for chuckles.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 06:10:53 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.  Happy Independence Day.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 07:23:37 pm »
Happy Independence Day Pookie!!

Thanks & the same to you, Ricebug!