Author Topic: NYPD veteran of 20 years gives department the finger as he retires  (Read 310 times)

Online mountaineer

NYPD veteran of 20 years gives department the finger as he retires
 By Tina Moore and Dana Kennedy   
July 2, 2022 6:16pm
A 20-year decorated veteran of the NYPD celebrated Independence Day a little early by retiring — and giving the department the finger.

Thomas J. Gambardella, 41, of Staten Island, posted a photo on Facebook of himself flipping the bird at a memorial inside NYPD headquarters, while wearing a T-shirt reading “Let’s Go Brandon,” following his official retirement from the force two weeks ago.

“I’m officially retired today!” he wrote in a post at the time. “From this sorry excuse of a s–t job. Thank God, I’m free at last!… I loved everyone I worked with and ‘some’ of the people I’ve worked for. But this job is no one’s friend. Time to live free. I’ll see you all out there!”

Gambardella, who was most recently a detective sergeant, told The Post on Saturday that he loved his job when he started out — but the gig turned “s–t” due to the city’s increasingly soft-on-crime policies. ...

A combination of increasingly liberal policies and what he said was the NYPD’s stranglehold over every aspect of his life led him to sour on the job. ...

“Crime is soaring and cops are leaving in droves,” Gambardella said. “Anybody can see that. All this liberalism is obviously a failure. But this is what they wanted. It’s a stupid experiment and it’s the people who will pay in the end.”  ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Anyone want to place bets on whether there is a subsequent "investigation" into this guy in an attempt to show that he overstated his overtime while he was on the force, and therefore his retirement benefits have to be reduced.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Anyone want to place bets on whether there is a subsequent "investigation" into this guy in an attempt to show that he overstated his overtime while he was on the force, and therefore his retirement benefits have to be reduced.

My thoughts exactly.  I'd bet HR is working on it right now. Loss of benefits , in a few key strokes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

I’m sure NYC will find recruiting new police officers very easy. (/sarc)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.