Author Topic: Shark watch: NY beaches step up vigilance after recent sightings, possible encounter  (Read 635 times)

Offline libertybele

I find sharks fascinating, but I sure wouldn't want to have a close encounter.

Shark watch: NY beaches step up vigilance after recent sightings, possible encounter

New York beaches are stepping up shark attack prevention and ocean safety after a sighting and possible encounter on a Nassau County beach.

The precautions include patrols by boats, a helicopter and a drone. Officials said a 40-year-old man swimming at Jones Beach on Long Island was treated for a possible shark bite and released from a local medical center.

"We are looking forward to a great summer of fun in the water," said Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman. "Our beaches are open. And, as you can see, people are coming in droves to enjoy one of the finest beaches in the world.".................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shark-watch-ny-beaches-step-vigilance-recent-sightings-possible-encounter
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."
I wonder if he has a nickname, something like sharkbait?