Author Topic: Exonerated Florida man who spent 33 years in prison arrested again for attempted murder  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Kamaji

Exonerated Florida man who spent 33 years in prison arrested again for attempted murder

By Selim Algar
July 1, 2022

An exonerated Florida man who was sprung from prison after wrongfully serving 33 years is back behind bars for attempted murder, authorities said.

Edward Clayton Taylor, 57, was tearful and jubilant last month after a judge tossed his conviction for raping a 4-year-old girl in 1986 after his attorneys fought the conviction for more than a decade.

But he now faces the prospect of another lengthy prison term after police said he shot a man during a dispute this week.

Taylor’s heartbroken mother said he quickly sank back into risky associations after his release.

“Oh my God. I am so numb, I am just numb,” she told the Florida Times Union. “I don’t know what to say. I fought so long to get him home, something he did not do and he came out and spent this time with obviously the wrong people.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/edward-taylor-exonerated-after-33-years-arrested-for-attempted-murder/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Edward Clayton Taylor, 57, was tearful and jubilant last month after a judge tossed his conviction for raping a 4-year-old girl in 1986 after his attorneys fought the conviction for more than a decade."

Sumpin' tells me that the abovementioned judge made a bad mistake...

Offline libertybele

"Edward Clayton Taylor, 57, was tearful and jubilant last month after a judge tossed his conviction for raping a 4-year-old girl in 1986 after his attorneys fought the conviction for more than a decade."

Sumpin' tells me that the abovementioned judge made a bad mistake...

Unbelievable and yet another tragedy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.