Author Topic: Now more than ever, Democrats need Hillary Clinton by Douglas E. Schoen  (Read 494 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Now more than ever, Democrats need Hillary Clinton
by Douglas E. Schoen, opinion contributor - 07/03/22 9:00 AM ET

Earlier this year, I co-authored a piece for the Wall Street Journal which argued that a perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once unfathomable scenario — a comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024 — highly plausible.

Our reasoning was that President Biden’s low approval rating, doubts over his capacity to run again, Vice President Kamala Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket have created a leadership vacuum within the party which only Mrs. Clinton — as an experienced and politically savvy “change candidate” — can fill.

In light of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade — upending decades of precedent and revoking a constitutional right that American women have enjoyed for half a century — the case for Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy is even clearer.

Regardless of one’s own political affiliation or opinions of Mrs. Clinton, the country knows her as an experienced politician and a champion of women’s rights. From her declaration at the United Nations in 1995 that “women’s rights are human rights,” to being the first woman nominated as a major party’s candidate for president in 2016, she offers the exact type of leadership that the Democratic Party desperately needs.

Whether or not party leaders will admit it, Democrats know that they need to move on from Joe Biden if they want to stay in the White House in 2024 and — even more importantly — have a fighting chance at building a sufficient enough majority in Congress to advance any element of their agenda going forward, including, and especially, codifying abortion rights.

Put another way, the stakes are simply too high for Democrats to remain on this slowly sinking ship.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3544103-now-more-than-ever-democrats-need-hillary-clinton/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Like it or not, Clinton will be a contender in 2024.

Indeed, she may become the dem-communists' "only practical choice" ... as was ol' white joe in 2020.

Offline libertybele

Please, how many times are people going to dangle the issue of Hillary being the DEM's only savior and that she's running again?

Hillary is NOT going to run again.  She doesn't have the stamina nor the health to do so. Good grief she barely made it through her last run; running very late for her speeches, cancelling appearances, falling up stairs, spotted being helped into a limo, eyes rolling back as she was meeting with a few younger women, etc. Her last book was also a failure and that indicates she just doesn't have the draw that she used to.  Some millennial don't even know who she is.  She has also declared that she isn't running several times.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:15:41 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

If things continue as they are, any Democrat running is in for an uphill battle

That person would be tied to the Biden presidency
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

If things continue as they are, any Democrat running is in for an uphill battle

That person would be tied to the Biden presidency

He's surprised me this far, but I don't anticipate that Joe is going to last much longer and then we have to see the DEM line-up.

Since the DEMS and all the political pundits are forecasting that the DEMS are going to see a bloodbath this November the DEMS would be wise to have Joe step down and then start to put people into place for '24. They will have some time to distance themselves from Joe's fiasco.

Perhaps the GOP may win the House in the mid terms but the DEMS are never going to give up their stranglehold on this country and if conservatives manage to take the WH in '24, then we will truly be witnessing a miracle.  Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.