Poll

What are you doing this 4th of July weekend?

Cooking out being with Friends
11 (36.7%)
Getting in the water to cool off
1 (3.3%)
Reflecting on my Patriotism
6 (20%)
SSDD
5 (16.7%)
I'm just glad pride month is over (pot option)
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: July 12, 2022, 12:29:15 am

Author Topic: What are you doing this 4th of July weekend?  (Read 9527 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What are you doing this 4th of July weekend?
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2022, 03:34:22 am »
Correction @Bigun ...

They DO have Dukes over to the Smith's (Kroger). I got a squeeze bottle on my list to check it out. You might just make me a believer.  happy77 :beer:

888high58888 :beer:

Let me know if you like it @roamer_1 I'm betting you will.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2022, 05:11:11 am »
Yes...Mike and I went to Sams today and got a huge bag of russets..so we will be good for awhile.

Sams was like a zoo...btw

Have you ever used the Sam's app?  It has a feature "Cart checkout" or something were you can scan the items and totally skip the checkout.  I've been in there where even the self-checkouts had big lines.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2022, 05:57:20 am »
Let me throw a little kink in this mayo discussion.  No one has mentioned Duke's.  Try that before you settle.

Nothing completes a bacon and tomato sandwich better than Miracle Whip.   But when it comes to mayo, Duke's is tops.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2022, 11:26:48 am »
I make it with Hellman's Mayo but I do add a little apple vinegar, touch of sugar,  djon mustard, salt and pepper and celery seeds...included hard boiled eggs, green onions and celery....I do this to taste..I rarely measure anything unless I am baking...

You have inspired me @mystery-ak  .... and Steve thanks you.   :laugh:

(I'll sprinkle in a little dill and paprika, more for color than taste)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2022, 01:45:28 pm »
   My 'Fear of Commitment' is apparently off the charts here. I have been dogless for almost two years, since, like when I was 6yo.

@corbe

I will never again own another dog. I just can't deal with losing them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2022, 01:51:13 pm »
I don't like Zoe for a name... Can't yell that well.

Seeing as she's a 4th of July dog, I am open to patriotic suggestions..

@roamer_1

Martha Washington,Martha for short,or Betsy Ross,Betsy/Bets for short.

Ifn it were me,I suspect that Betsy would be the winner in this contest. Easier for the dog to learn and easier to shout.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:59:59 pm by sneakypete »

Online corbe

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2022, 02:39:40 pm »
@corbe

I will never again own another dog. I just can't deal with losing them.

That is exactly what I am trying to overcome @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2022, 04:48:52 pm »

@corbe

I can only hope you have better luck than me. It is a rare week that goes by without me missing my dobie,and she died over 2 decades ago while trying to give birth to puppies while I was at work.

I now trap stray cats and work with a vet to find homes for them. The vet gives me a discount on the shots and other treatment they might need.

Yeah,it hurts to lose a pet cat,too,but nothing like the hurt of losing a dog.

I have one that must be at least 20  years old now,and she is almost visibly fading by the month. Even had to have 4 or her teeth pulled last year,so I now make sure she gets soft meat every day.

She is a VERY affectionate little cat,and I found her abandoned in my yard one day. I have the only house on an island,so she didn't get here by herself. I came home one dayu and found her laying in the yard,trembling with fear. Come to find out,her standard "defense" when she is scared by something is to lay down on her belly,close her eyes,and stick her head between her front paws and tremble with fear.

She was obviously a well-treated affectionate house cat for years,so I can only conclude she belonged to someone elderly that died,and when their relatives came to clean out and sell the estate,nobody wanted the cat,so they just dropped her off on a dirt road.

After all,cats can take care of themselves,even against coyotes and foxes,right?

She is so passive and scared that even kittens don't bother to try to get her to play. The good news is none of the cats I have ever captured and brought home seem to have any interest in challenging her for domination. They just take a glance at her,and walk away.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 04:55:02 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2022, 05:43:04 pm »
@roamer_1

Martha Washington,Martha for short,or Betsy Ross,Betsy/Bets for short.

Ifn it were me,I suspect that Betsy would be the winner in this contest. Easier for the dog to learn and easier to shout.

@sneakypete

Bets/Betsy ain't bad...
I like Molly (as suggested), am leaning hard toward Maggie/Mags (short for magazine, of course)
And my fam is leaning toward Maise/Maisey , Which is also alright.

Dixie has been suggested too, which I like a lot... but calling her Dix for short might be open to misinterpretation.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2022, 05:54:33 pm »

It is a sweet addiction @corbe ... One you'll never kick. Satisfy your need, or go Jonesing for all time.

The only thing that fills the hole in a heart left by a dog... is another dog. Might seem a shame to some that I am gearing up for another, even while mourning yet for Chew... But that's why. I know this new pup will ease my heart.

And as long as I am breathing, I will have a dog. They're just too important to my way... Even sleeping - If I intend to ever sleep good again, I need a dog to trust in this house - They hear sh*t coming long before I do.

There is nothing for it but to get another dog. And the pain of losing them cannot cancel the potential of many years of companionship - TRUE companionship - that you are denying yourself.

In fact, it is all those years of companionship, paid forward at no cost, that is the very reason for the sorrow when they go. LOVE HARD... That pain at death only proves that love was worth it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 06:00:21 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2022, 05:56:58 pm »
@sneakypete

Bets/Betsy ain't bad...
I like Molly (as suggested), am leaning hard toward Maggie/Mags (short for magazine, of course)
And my fam is leaning toward Maise/Maisey , Which is also alright.

Dixie has been suggested too, which I like a lot... but calling her Dix for short might be open to misinterpretation.  :shrug:

How about Daisy...my first Bully....died at only 7mos...and was one of the best dogs I ever owned..even at 7mos.....I am still heartbroken...and even typing this makes me cry...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2022, 06:01:00 pm »
@roamer_1   I added bacon to the potato salad...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2022, 06:06:12 pm »
How about Daisy...my first Bully....died at only 7mos...and was one of the best dogs I ever owned..even at 7mos.....I am still heartbroken...and even typing this makes me cry...

Aw... I'm sorry...

Yeah... Daisy has been mentioned and is favored by my fam (Daisy/Maizy, either one will do)  :beer:
Likely Maggie is on top right now, Daisy/Maizy in second place, and Molly next...

I dunno. Heck, she may be stuck on Zoe, and I might just have to put up with it.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2022, 06:09:05 pm »
@roamer_1   I added bacon to the potato salad...lol

THAT'S RIGHT!  :beer: :patriot: :seeya:

Online corbe

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2022, 09:35:25 pm »
It is a sweet addiction @corbe ... One you'll never kick. Satisfy your need, or go Jonesing for all time.

The only thing that fills the hole in a heart left by a dog... is another dog. Might seem a shame to some that I am gearing up for another, even while mourning yet for Chew... But that's why. I know this new pup will ease my heart.

And as long as I am breathing, I will have a dog. They're just too important to my way... Even sleeping - If I intend to ever sleep good again, I need a dog to trust in this house - They hear sh*t coming long before I do.

There is nothing for it but to get another dog. And the pain of losing them cannot cancel the potential of many years of companionship - TRUE companionship - that you are denying yourself.

In fact, it is all those years of companionship, paid forward at no cost, that is the very reason for the sorrow when they go. LOVE HARD... That pain at death only proves that love was worth it.

Shameful, that I miss My Dogs more than the Women that shared my bed.

I know I've been saying this for a year, But I will be pulling the trigger on a 'Rescue DOG' soon. 
   Now that the Robin has left me the Cat just ain't doing it for me. 
   None other than a DOG can share my LOVE faithfully and not ask stupid questions all the time, like 'I smell Tuna you been with that damn cat again?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2022, 12:50:43 am »
   It's not funny cause 2 Houstonians have already been LIFE flighted.   It's Darwin in a Karma kind of way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIGgMJXdhhk

Online Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2022, 01:21:02 am »
Ten minutes away from fireworks in Atlanta's Centennial Park.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2022, 01:27:56 am »
   It's not funny cause 2 Houstonians have already been LIFE flighted.   It's Darwin in a Karma kind of way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIGgMJXdhhk

No not funny.  It looks like there's some stupidity going on -- tubing where there's rapid water and lots of rocks --- no thank you.  Even if I was younger I wouldn't chance it. Canoeing or rafting perhaps -- but you have to know what you're doing.  I used to canoe and hit some of the rapids when I lived in AK and there were signs rating the degree of difficulty -- medium was about it for me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2022, 01:34:15 am »
   I've drunken tube fallen over every one of those falls, even when it wasn't as congested. It's really a blast and obviously you don't wind up Drain Bamaged.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2022, 01:38:23 am »
No not funny.  It looks like there's some stupidity going on -- tubing where there's rapid water and lots of rocks --- no thank you.  Even if I was younger I wouldn't chance it. Canoeing or rafting perhaps -- but you have to know what you're doing.  I used to canoe and hit some of the rapids when I lived in AK and there were signs rating the degree of difficulty -- medium was about it for me.

Well... yeah... but sorta... Them there wasn't even hardly a riffle.  :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2022, 01:39:11 am »
   I've drunken tube fallen over every one of those falls, even when it wasn't as congested. It's really a blast and obviously you don't wind up Drain Bamaged.

:laugh: Glad you're still in one piece.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2022, 01:41:06 am »
:laugh: Glad you're still in one piece.

Most people I know would argue that point with you @libertybele

Offline libertybele

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2022, 01:50:20 am »
   Most people I know would argue that point with you @libertybele

They need to get over their 'issues' and quit being so judgemental. 

Online corbe

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2022, 01:53:04 am »
   I crossed the Comal River (shortest navigable river in the World), this afternoon, mainly because of the scenery, lecherous old fart that I am, and it was wall to wall tublets.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2022, 02:01:14 am »
   I crossed the Comal River (shortest navigable river in the World), this afternoon, mainly because of the scenery, lecherous old fart that I am, and it was wall to wall tublets.

Sounds like your area is getting populated just like around here. :shrug:  I've been waiting for the northerners to go back home this year, only they're not going, they've moved in.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:02:53 am by libertybele »