Author Topic: Target, Walmart may make big change to return policies  (Read 749 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Target, Walmart may make big change to return policies
« on: July 01, 2022, 07:59:26 pm »
Target, Walmart may make big change to return policies
Published: Jul. 01, 2022, 9:37 a.m.

By Leada Gore | lgore@AL.com

Some of the country’s largest retailers such as Target and Walmart could soon be making a big change to their return policies.

CNN reports stores such as Target, Walmart, American Eagle and Gap are considering giving customers back their money for items they don’t want but don’t want the actual merchandise back. According to the report, the options are being considered because many retailers are struggling with tons of unpurchased inventory that must be stored. That problem is exacerbated by returns, prompting the unusual idea of letting customer keep merchandise while still offering a return.

“It would be a smart strategic initiative,” tells Burt Flickinger, retail expert and managing director of retail consultancy at Strategic Resource Group, to the news outlet. “Retailers are stuck with excess inventory of unprecedented levels. They can’t afford to take back even more of it.”

While the retailers are reportedly considering the “keep it” option, no major companies have implemented it yet.

more
https://www.al.com/news/beaches/2022/07/target-walmart-may-make-big-change-to-return-policies.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Target, Walmart may make big change to return policies
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 08:02:35 pm »
Are they going to then send out Forms 1099 to report the fair market value of the retained merchandize as income?

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 08:46:37 pm »
What could possibly go wrong.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 10:16:45 pm »
“It would be a smart strategic initiative,” tells Burt Flickinger

:facepalm2:

This guy is no retail expert. He is a moron.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 10:25:37 pm »
Insane policy that will sap profits like mad.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 10:45:07 pm »
Insane policy that will sap profits like mad.

That policy will eventually bring down both stores and in essence destroying the few brick and mortar stores people have to shop at.  We then will be buying mostly everything on line.  No getting out and physically picking out anything.

I'm not dealing well with the existing changes that are being implemented and not looking forward to the future changes that our insane government and the globalists have planned for us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 03:11:47 am »
Amazon has refunded me a few times and told me to toss out the item I didn't like.  Their normal shipping bill must be intense.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: