Author Topic: Warren: We Can Eliminate the Filibuster ‘if We Pick Up Two Democratic Senators’  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren: We Can Eliminate the Filibuster ‘if We Pick Up Two Democratic Senators’

Trent Baker 1 Jul 2022

Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) on Thursday advised that if the Senate were to pick up two Democrats, they could put an end to the filibuster and then codify Roe v. Wade into law.

Warren, on NBC’s “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” emphasized the importance of the upcoming midterm elections. She pointed to Pennsylvania Democrat Senate nominee John Fetterman and Wisconsin Democrat Mandela Barnes and said if they were elected to the Senate, “Roe v. Wade will be the law all across America.”

“We’ve got to focus like a laser on the election in November. Understand this small minority that wanted to overturn Roe has been disciplined. They have worked at this for nearly five decades,” Warren told host Seth Meyers. “They lost, and they got back up, and they stayed in the fight. And they helped all of those senators who helped shepherd through these justices, who swore until the world looked level that Roe was settled law and that we don’t disturb settled law, and as soon as they got the votes, they went ahead and did not just a chip away at Roe — just blew the whole thing up. We need to be just as committed, just as focused on this election in November.”

“Two senators. If we pick up two Democratic senators who will help us get rid of the filibuster, which the president has now said he’s on board for that, and who will give us Roe v. Wade, two senators,” she added. “And, yes, John Fetterman, I am looking at you in Pennsylvania. Yes, Mandela Barnes, I’m looking at you in Wisconsin. We get those two senators in, we hang onto the House, and Roe v. Wade will be the law all across America.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/01/warren-we-can-eliminate-the-filibuster-if-we-pick-up-two-democratic-senators/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Go right ahead dearie.  Remember how well that worked out when you got rid of the filibuster for judicial appointments?

Offline LMAO

The Republicans are going to take the House. They have a good chance of taking the Senate but it’s unlikely Democrats are going to make any meaningful gains in the Senate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The Republicans are going to take the House. They have a good chance of taking the Senate but it’s unlikely Democrats are going to make any meaningful gains in the Senate

You remain optimistic. I will be shocked if the GOP takes the House; obviously by the polls and nation sentiment, the GOP should win by a landslide. I think you and many others are in for quite a surprise. I also predict that the DEMS will gain a few seats in the Senate.

The mid terms have already been rigged and decided; just my opinion.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 07:42:57 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

You remain optimistic. I will be shocked if the GOP takes the House. I think you and many others are in for quite a surprise. I also predict that the DEMS will gain a few seats in the Senate.

If the election were held today, quite possibly.  In November, unlikely.

Offline LMAO

You remain optimistic. I will be shocked if the GOP takes the House; obviously by the polls and nation sentiment, the GOP should win by a landslide. I think you and many others are in for quite a surprise. I also predict that the DEMS will gain a few seats in the Senate.

I remain optimistic that the Republicans are going to have a very good night this November. What they do with that going forward, I can’t promise anything.

What are you seeing out there that people can’t wait to vote for Democrats this year?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I’m not a Pollyanna. I know that we’re in for a tough road. But there’s a lot of positive signs that people are coming around to us. These people in charge are not just simply idealists who are discovering their policies don’t work in the real world. They seem to have not a single care that people are suffering. We are the eggs in their omelette. I am very happy to see Republicans point out that many of these policies that are causing this pain are being done intentionally

The Democrat Party already knows that this fall is going to be bad for them. I think what worries them is 2024 and beyond.

What we need to do is give the American voter a clear choice. Simply telling the American voter how bad Joe Biden is will probably work this year but may not work as well in 2024. And there is no sign that any of these people are going to back away from their policies because they can’t and won’t
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:00:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

If the election were held today, quite possibly.  In November, unlikely.

We have a campaign season that’s going to come this fall and that will be when people are paying more attention. And we’re either going to be in a recession, or inflation is gonna be worse or both

Although I still want to  find the 30% who think Biden is doing a great job. I haven’t been able to find them although I do find supporters that know things aren’t going well but are blaming everybody and everything else

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

I’m not a Pollyanna. I know that we’re in for a tough road. But there’s a lot of positive signs that people are coming around to us. These people in charge are not just simply idealists who are discovering their policies don’t work in the real world. They seem to have not a single care that people are suffering. We are the eggs in their omelette. I am very happy to see Republicans point out that many of these policies that are causing this pain are being done intentionally

The Democrat Party already knows that this fall is going to be bad for them. I think what worries them is 2024 and beyond.

What we need to do is give the American voter a clear choice. Simply telling the American voter how bad Joe Biden is will probably work this year but may not work as well in 2024. And there is no sign that any of these people are going to back away from their policies because they can’t and won’t

:thumbsup: