Author Topic: Student-loan borrowers shouldn't have to pay off debt Biden 'has promised to cancel,' 180 organizati  (Read 288 times)

rebewranger

Student-loan borrowers shouldn't have to pay off debt Biden 'has promised to cancel,' 180 organizations say — and they're calling for another payment pause extension
asheffey@businessinsider.com (Ayelet Sheffey) - Yesterday 1:12 PM

Over 180 organizations wrote to Biden urging him to extend the student-loan payment pause.

They said borrowers should not have to make payments until debt cancellation is "fully implemented."

Payments are currently set to resume on September 1, with no announcement of broad relief yet.

Nearly 200 organizations want to ensure federal student-loan borrowers don't pay a penny on their debt until President Joe Biden cancels some of it.

On Thursday, 180 organizations led by advocacy group Student Borrower Protection Center signed onto a letter urging Biden to cancel student debt and extend the current pause on most federal student-loan payments that's set to expire after August 31.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/student-loan-borrowers-shouldn-t-have-to-pay-off-debt-biden-has-promised-to-cancel-180-organizations-say-and-they-re-calling-for-another-payment-pause-extension/ar-AAZ2FmA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d5fc8dbb0f284eddafe2add8f970d4be

rebewranger

Student-loan borrowers shouldn't have to pay off debt   :wtf:

In 1972 I was saving money to buy land on Lake Superior for $200/acre when I won the lottery.  Draft lottery, that is.  So I used the money I had saved to pay off my student loans which, to me, was the only responsible thing to do.  Today's young seem to think loans aren't their responsibility and expect someone else to pay them off.  To be honest, they have been taught to think that way by lying, scheming politicians who will promise anything to get elected - like Biden. :im waiting:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:11:22 am by rangerrebew »

Online Kamaji