Author Topic: Cape Cod residents warned of great white shark migration headed their way  (Read 609 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cape Cod residents warned of great white shark migration headed their way

Researchers are warning beachgoers that they may not be the only ones headed to Cape Cod this summer, as great white sharks are expected there, too.

The warm weather in the northern U.S. typically coincides with the migration of the fierce creatures to the Massachusetts area.

"Just know that large sharks are here," Atlantic White Shark Conservancy scientist Megan Winton said at a news conference on Wednesday, The Associated Press reported. "They're a constant presence from June to fall."

Winton's words of caution followed a great white sighting on Tuesday that resulted in Head of the Meadow Beach in Truro, Mass., being closed for an hour. Locals were able to learn of the closure from the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy's Sharktivity app, which tracks confirmed and unconfirmed shark sightings.............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cape-cod-residents-warned-great-white-shark-migration-headed-way
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

Darn global warming.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess the sharks were impressed with the old song by Patti Page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT2ao0rcxoA

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It must be shark season -- NY just announced sightings and a teenage girl was recently bitten by a 9 ft. shark and seriously injured in the FL Panhandle. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/us/keaton-beach-shark-bite-teenage-girl-florida/index.html

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.