Author Topic: Woke California school board members call for people to BOYCOTT Fourth of July because 'there is no  (Read 649 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Woke California school board members call for people to BOYCOTT Fourth of July because 'there is no reason to celebrate'

Woke California school board members call for people to BOYCOTT Fourth of July because 'there is no reason to celebrate'

AnaMarie Avila Farias, a member of Contra Costa County Board of Education, shared a fading image of the US flag along with the caption: 'BOYCOTT 4TH OF JULY'
    'I haven't celebrated 4th of July since 2016 and I don't think it's a holiday to celebrate' she wrote on a Facebook post. 'What do you think?'
    The local school board member later confessed to not 'feeling particularly patriotic' thanks to abortion rights being overturned last week
    In response to a comment on her post suggesting she 'maybe have a funeral and bury the Constitution and the Flag,' Farias wrote: 'Please invite me!'

By Alastair Talbot For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:43 EDT, 30 June 2022 | Updated: 14:58 EDT, 30 June 2022

A woke California school board member is calling for people to boycott the Fourth of July, claiming 'there is no reason to celebrate' America's Independence Day.

AnaMarie Avila Farias, a third-generation Contra Costa County resident and member of the county's board of education, shared a fading blue and white image of the United States flag on June 28, along with the words 'BOYCOTT 4TH OF JULY,' on Facebook.

'I haven't celebrated 4th of July since 2016 and I don't think it's a holiday to celebrate' Farias wrote in a Facebook post. 'What do you think?'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10969267/Woke-California-school-board-members-calls-people-boycott-Fourth-July.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

The reason to celebrate Independence Day is the fact that you can say stupid things like, "Don't celebrate July 4," without being hauled off to jail or the funny farm.

Without the American revolution, there would be no freedom of speech, no Constitution, no Bill of Rights.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, they'll report to work on July 4th?  They get a paid day off to observe Independence Day.  If they won't observe Independence Day, they should either work or forfeit a paid vacation day ... to be fair to the taxpayers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

So, they'll report to work on July 4th?  They get a paid day off to observe Independence Day.  If they won't observe Independence Day, they should either work or forfeit a paid vacation day ... to be fair to the taxpayers.

Exactly. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The reason to celebrate Independence Day is the fact that you can say stupid things like, "Don't celebrate July 4," without being hauled off to jail or the funny farm.

Without the American revolution, there would be no freedom of speech, no Constitution, no Bill of Rights.

Exactly...but I doubt these people know this..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, a lot of her neighbors see the holiday differently. I won't be doing this event, but honoring and benefiting Concord PD, https://brazenracing.com/starsandstripesrun/ . The owners of Brazen Racing are CoCo County residents (I've done 4 Brazen events so far this year, so I'm not avoiding them by not doing the event in Concord).

All in all, AnaMarie Avila Farias, :tongue2:  :tongue2:  :tongue2:  :tongue2:  :tongue2: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

Certainly that would fit right in with all their 'wokeness'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.