Author Topic: Delta pilots picket airports as flights are canceled ahead of July 4 weekend  (Read 425 times)

Offline Kamaji

Delta pilots picket airports as flights are canceled ahead of July 4 weekend

By Steven Vago, M'Niyah Lynn and David Meyer
June 30, 2022

Delta Airlines pilots picketed outside airports across the country on Thursday as hundreds of flights were delayed and canceled ahead of the Fourth of July weekend.

The off-duty pilots protested for higher wages and more time off as a crushing demand for air travel threatened to muddle up holiday plans.

Passengers were faced with 1,596 delays and 400 cancellations in the US as of 1 p.m. on Thursday, according to FlightAware.com.

Delta alone suffered 188 delays and 86 cancellations, ranking second among US airlines in total cancellations and delays.

Outisde JFK Airport, Delta pilots complained about the lack of employees due to cuts amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/30/delta-pilots-picket-airports-as-flights-are-canceled-ahead-of-july-4-weekend/

Offline Kamaji

I'm afraid it's going to be an unhappy Fourth of July weekend for a lot of people this year.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Anyone with a brain and without an emergency wouldn't set one foot in a US airport.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Anyone with a brain and without an emergency wouldn't set one foot in a US airport.

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.