Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in, becoming first Black woman on high court  (Read 593 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 30, 2022 12:07pm EDT
Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in, becoming first Black woman on high court

Stephen Breyer, who formally resigned, administered the judicial oath to Ketanji Brown Jackson

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Ketanji Brown Jackson is officially the newest Supreme Court justice, taking her oaths at a swearing in ceremony Thursday.

Justice Jackson is now the first Black woman on the high court.

Jackson was sworn in a few minutes after noon, which was when the retirement of her predecessor, Justice Stephen Breyer, became effective. Breyer himself helped lead the ceremony, which took place in the Court’s West Conference Room. Breyer administered the judicial oath, and Chief Justice John Roberts administered the constitutional oath, both of which are required for all justices. Jackson's husband Patrick Jackson and their two daughters were in attendance.

"Now, on behalf of all the members of the Court, I’m pleased to welcome Justice Jackson to the Court and to our common calling," Roberts said upon completion of the ceremony. Roberts announced that a formal investiture ceremony – a customary special sitting of the Supreme Court – will occur in the fall.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-justice-ketanji-brown-jackson-sworn-becoming-first-black-woman-high-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wonder if she will recuse herself from any case that involves a woman.   Any dufous who can't recognize gender shouldn't be allowed a vote.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
BIG whoop!     

:whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34