Author Topic: Amazon employees' open letter demands work stoppage in pro-life states, space to 'grieve' Roe v. Wad  (Read 1137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 37 mins ago
Amazon employees' open letter demands work stoppage in pro-life states, space to 'grieve' Roe v. Wade: report
One demand listed in the letter is giving additional time for employees to grieve the ruling

By Timothy Nerozzi , Haley Chi-Sing Fox Business

A group of pro-abortion Amazon employees filed a public letter to the company Tuesday in which they demanded the online retailer cease any and all business in pro-life states, according to reports.

The letter, first leaked via Twitter account Libs of TikTok, was addressed to "Amazon leadership" and requested the retail giant aggressively rebuke the Supreme Court's decision.

"We, the undersigned, come to you today to request immediate and decisive action against the threat to our basic human rights with the overturning of Roe v. Wade," the letter began. "As part of Amazon's wide-reaching efforts toward a more inclusive and diverse workforce, we believe that Amazon cannot let this recent decision go unanswered. We ask Amazon, the world's best employer, to actively defend against this assault on our liberty."

Most notably, the letter demanded Amazon cease conducting business in states that have or intend to pass laws limiting or outlawing abortion.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/amazon-employees-open-letter-demands-work-stoppage-pro-life-states-space-grieve-roe-wade-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, look!  Amazon's drawing up its list of likely layoffs!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh, look!  Amazon's drawing up its list of likely layoffs!

Hey Bezo's...time to go full Elon Musk on these woke 'effers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey Bezo's...time to go full Elon Musk on these woke 'effers.

I don't think Bezos owns Amazon any more...but could be on the Board of Directors.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
These workers can do a 'work stoppage' any time they want to. Simply walk out the door.
Asking Amazon to transition into an activist political PAC, and asking them to sacrifice hundreds of millions in revenue to support a 'pet cause' of a few workers is ludicrous.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Classic case study woke leftism.

Aren't they so clever.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't think Bezos owns Amazon any more...but could be on the Board of Directors.  :shrug:
Looks like Bezos is still the top shareholder at 11% but I think the time when he could do whatever he wanted is long past. The question is will any of the liberal institutional shareholder want to do anything about it, and will conservative investors drop them and Amazon.

Online mountaineer

Fire these chumps. They don't want to work anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Refuse delivery to likely 60% of your customers?....   Yeah, stockholders are gonna love that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

Space to grieve a court ruling?  Really?
I lost my mother and my mother-in-law within a 3 week period.  I got 3 days off work for each of them, and it was more than my husband or children could get from their employers.  But yes, let's give Amazon employees time to grieve a court ruling that doesn't ban anything. 
 9999hair out0000
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I lost my mother and my mother-in-law within a 3 week period.  I got 3 days off work for each of them, and it was more than my husband or children could get from their employers.  But yes, let's give Amazon employees time to grieve a court ruling that doesn't ban anything. 
 9999hair out0000

That must have been really tough on your children, losing both Grammas in such a short period.
I will NOT comply.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Amazon management thanks you for helping them decide who to cull during the next rightsizing or performance appraisal period.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Polly Ticks

That must have been really tough on your children, losing both Grammas in such a short period.

Very much so, especially since one of them lived with us.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Kamaji

9999hair out0000

Exactly.

Offline berdie

Amazon management thanks you for helping them decide who to cull during the next rightsizing or performance appraisal period.

Yep...it's a good thing I'm not in a management position at Amazon.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Let's see if Musk gets sued for that, first... :2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

To me, this appears to be a product of a company headquarted in a blue state eg Amazon, Starbucks, Patagonia etc.

Do business with those in red states.

And beware, Chevron remains HQd in California.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington