Author Topic: Biden Takes Aim at America’s Largest Oil Field, Threatens to Stop Production, Sending Gas Prices Soa  (Read 5848 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Takes Aim at America’s Largest Oil Field, Threatens to Stop Production, Sending Gas Prices Soaring
By Michael Robison
Published June 30, 2022 at 8:45am

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is preparing to cite the United States’ largest oil field for violating ozone pollution standards, a move that will threaten the end of oil and gas production in the region.

According to the Texas Governor’s Office, the proposed regulations will directly affect the Permian Basin, the largest oil field in the United States, accounting for 95,000,000 gallons of gasoline per day or 40% of the oil produced domestically.

This would be just one more move from Biden’s administration to impact the lives of every American by reducing the fuel supply and causing gas prices to soar well beyond Biden’s record of $5 per gallon.

“Even as Americans are struggling with $5 gas and record-breaking inflation, team Biden continues to double down on their political commitments to ‘end all fossil fuels,'” former EPA Chief of Staff Mandy Gunasekara told reporters Wednesday.

According to a report by Bloomberg, regulators would have three years to propose solutions to the violations. However, ongoing regulatory uncertainty common to Biden’s ever-increasing climate change initiatives is likely to disincentivize new permits and drilling in the oil field.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/biden-takes-aim-americas-largest-oil-field-threatening-stop-production-sending-gas-prices-soaring/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Photochemical smog non attainment standards in west Texas?  There's not enough ambient NOX, O3, and VOC to do shit.

In my occupatipn ,this would be a Babylon Bee piece.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who knew Vladimir Putin was the head of the EPA?

... I see another suit against the EPA in the Supreme Court.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Photochemical smog non attainment standards in west Texas?  There's not enough ambient NOX, O3, and VOC to do shit.

In my occupatipn ,this would be a Babylon Bee piece.

Doesn't matter to the people behind the curtains pulling Biden's strings.  They don't know nor do they really care about the things you mention. Hell none of them ahve probably never even set foot in the Permian Basin.

These are the people that think farmers use natural gas to heat the water to irrigate their crops.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just another brick in the wall in the Globalist Left determination to 'punish' and to ruin America.
And all the useful idiots in the American Left are right there in bed with them.
Americans need to learn to live without fuel.
Americans need to learn to live without abundance.
Americans need to learn to live with run away inflation.
Americans need to learn that they are no better than Cuba.
Americans need to be brought low and humble.

But at least we got rid of Trump, so the destruction of the nation is worth it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would think that this BS just got dealt a very serious blow. But what do I know?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I would think that this BS just got dealt a very serious blow. But what do I know?

They could still pull this off, if by some strange slight of hand were able to specificically legislate some form of "one off" directive to make the west Texas area, and I guess specifically Midland-Odessa metro  air quality standard "non-attainment" area.

In the past, the EPA through their Adminstrator has deemed what areas in the U.S. didn't meet these standards.  And when administered correctly, they are based on ambient air quality sampling station, properly located to montior said air quality.

When an area is deemed a "non-attainment" area, it then triggers addtional tough permitting and abatement controls of new, and often existing emission points like flares, vents, tanks, fugitives (flanges, valves, pumps, etc.).  What is the rub, is that Oil companies have to evaluate the addtional capital outlays needed to see if that addtional cost makes that site (new or existing) profitable.

What makes this so head scratching, is as far as I know, that area has never had an air quality standard issues that might trigger non-attainment.  But in a Biden era EPA, I can see that air stations might be constructed and contaminated to skew the data.  I wouldn't put it past these criminals.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:44:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They could still pull this off, if by some strange slight of hand were able to specificically legislate some form of "one off" directive to make the west Texas area, and I guess specifically Midland-Odessa metro  air quality standard "non-attainment" area.

In the past, the EPA through their Adminstrator has deemed what areas in the U.S. didn't meet these standards.  And when administered correctly, they are based on ambient air quality sampling station, properly located to montior said air quality.

When an area is deemed a "non-attainment" area, it then triggers addtional tough permitting and abatement controls of new, and often existing emission points like flares, vents, tanks, fugitives (flanges, valves, pumps, etc.).  What is the rub, is that Oil companies have to evaluate the addtional capital outlays needed to see if that addtional cost makes that site (new or existing) profitable.

What makes this so head scratching, is as far as I know, that area has never had an air quality standard issues that might trigger non-attainment.  But in a Biden era EPA, I can see that air stations might be constructed and contaminated to skew the data.  I wouldn't put it past these criminals.

That's one hell of a lot better than just having the EPA issue some crazy rule that would shut down Permian basin oil production.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
That's one hell of a lot better than just having the EPA issue some crazy rule that would shut down Permian basin oil production.

But, I have a feeling if EPA deems that area non-attainment, the cost to the oil companies will be prohbibitive to produce....  Even at $125/bbl or $8.00/MMSCF NG.

And I have been retired 10 years.  No telling what BACT (Best Available Control Technology) or MACT (Maximum Available Control Technology) standards apply now. These two Acronyms apply to (1) 1st existing site (2) New site, as far as how far plants operating in non-attainment have to control their emissions.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Here's a thought, when republicans retake congress they defund the EPA, DOJ, BLM, etc.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
But, I have a feeling if EPA deems that area non-attainment, the cost to the oil companies will be prohbibitive to produce....  Even at $125/bbl or $8.00/MMSCF NG.

And I have been retired 10 years.  No telling what BACT (Best Available Control Technology) or MACT (Maximum Available Control Technology) standards apply now. These two Acronyms apply to (1) 1st existing site (2) New site, as far as how far plants operating in non-attainment have to control their emissions.

I do not think they can do that here.

According to GORSUCH and  ALITO in their concurring opinion in West Virginia vs EPA

"...agencies must be able to point to “‘clear congressional authorization’” when they claim the power to make decisions of vast “‘economic and political significance.’”

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

Here's a thought, when republicans retake congress they defund the EPA, DOJ, BLM, etc.

I'm with you 100% and then some!

The problem is getting this through the Senate. We have a lot more Rino's there than we realize.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe and the media screams loudly that Joe is gonna help by getting you 18 cents a gallon at the pump, then quitely moves to multiply the prices of gas from sea to shining sea and at much greater/higher prices.  I was born in the 50's, few people were dumb enough to believe this crap back then.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:39:17 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course they are going to send gas prices soaring. They MUST do this to destroy the auto industry and the ability of the working class to own autos and become mobile or they will never get them living in high-rise apartment blocks in the cities,where the government owns the building and you MUST have a job at a local factory to be able to live there.

AND........,there will be nowhere else to live.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... don't forget to defund the US Dept of Education, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the United Nations, the World Bank, the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, and foreign aid to unappreciative nations.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 11:26:30 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I do not think they can do that here.

According to GORSUCH and  ALITO in their concurring opinion in West Virginia vs EPA

@Bigun

Got to realize that the regulations we followed encompass probably a million pages of very specific text on what the regulated has to meet.  From a practical perspective, "congress" does not have the time nor accumen to understand industrial standards, or the technical aspects.

I think what SCOTUS is intending is that before regulation change promulagation that EPA start following what the regulatory transition process, whereby not only is consensus (negotiations) is reached between agency, advocates, and industry.  2nd...conduct actual regulatory economic analyses, not bullshit scam lies and lip service, and 3rdly give honest and unbiased forum to  incorporate industry suggestions during regulation comment period.

As an Envrionmental Manager, I'd would have gone on record saying AOC would be the last person I would want to say how my plant operated.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nullification for Texas.

Mining a state product within the state has nothing to do with the federal government.

And Texas can tell the feds to cram it up there youknowwhat
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

I realize no one in government cares, but actual working people in flyover country are struggling and feeling desperate.

A local woman - friend of a friend - said her gas tank is empty and she didn't have money to buy enough fuel to get to work the next day. That's pretty common in my area. With increasing rent and grocery prices, money is scarce.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People that went along with demonizing Trump, and Godifying biden, should be dancing in the streets.  They were oh so glad to go along with this crap we now suffer under.  Maybe a IQ test should be administered to people to vote now.  The fools sure came out in force last Pres election.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Looks like the democrats are bringing out more Stormy Daniels ['impeachable' witnesses to try and still publicly lynch Trump with lies, deceits, phony evidence.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

@Bigun

Got to realize that the regulations we followed encompass probably a million pages of very specific text on what the regulated has to meet.  From a practical perspective, "congress" does not have the time nor accumen to understand industrial standards, or the technical aspects.

I think what SCOTUS is intending is that before regulation change promulagation that EPA start following what the regulatory transition process, whereby not only is consensus (negotiations) is reached between agency, advocates, and industry.  2nd...conduct actual regulatory economic analyses, not bullshit scam lies and lip service, and 3rdly give honest and unbiased forum to  incorporate industry suggestions during regulation comment period.

As an Envrionmental Manager, I'd would have gone on record saying AOC would be the last person I would want to say how my plant operated.

No

Congress brings in experts to testify.

The SCOTUS is making Congress do their job. Congress has to pass laws that clearly define what an agency can do, instead of letting unelected bureaucrats make law.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No

The SCOTUS is making Congress do their job. Congress has to pass laws that clearly define what an agency can do, instead of letting unelected bureaucrats make law.

:yowsa: Absolutely!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
No

lol!!!!!!

Wrong!!!!

I did this for a living 30 years.  The likes of AOC, and even Rand Paul would glaze over in 10 minutes of discussion.  Congress does not have the understanding of regulatory interplay that has gone through 1000 itenerations since CAA inception over 50 years ago.

This is a technical field, just as medicine that idiots in congress would not understand, or even worse bungle beyond pale.

Want a real life example?

Back in the late 1960's during intitial CWA authorization, experts were brought up to Capitol Hill to discuss water standards.
When the discussions turned what was acceptable pH in effluent streams the subject matter experts stated that 6-9 was the consensus value that had become accepted.

The congress critter, got irate.....  Banged his hand on his desk and said  DAMN to HELL the 6-9 PH's ........    It needs to be ZERO.

I rest my case.

Where congress can be useful, and what was truly the intent if done correctly, is the EPA do proper cost-benefit analysis of any significant regulatory or statute change.  Then allow subcommittee direction and guidance.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:21:22 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
lol!!!!!!

Wrong!!!!

I did this for a living 30 years.  The likes of AOC, and even Rand Paul would glaze over in 10 minutes of discussion.  Congress does not have the understanding of regulatory interplay that has gone through 1000 itenerations since CAA inception over 50 years ago.

This is a technical field, just as medicine that idiots in congress would not understand, or even worse bungle beyond pale.

Want a real life example?

Back in the late 1960's during intitial CWA authorization, experts were brought up to Capitol Hill to discuss water standards.
When the discussions turned what was acceptable pH in effluent streams the subject matter experts stated that 6-9 was the consensus value that had become accepted.

The congress critter, got irate.....  Banged his hand on his desk and said  DAMN to HELL the 6-9 PH's ........    It needs to be ZERO.

I rest my case.

Where congress can be useful, and what was truly the intent if done correctly, is the EPA do proper cost-benefit analysis of any significant regulatory or statute change.  Then allow subcommittee direction and guidance.

How does ANY of that change one word of what SCOTUS just said? @catfish1957

You're right about one thing. They have been getting away with this shit for a LONG time but now it stops!

Exhibit A.

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1542516572631142401
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:47:15 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien