Author Topic: Biden Takes Aim at America’s Largest Oil Field, Threatens to Stop Production, Sending Gas Prices Soa  (Read 5937 times)

Online mountaineer

Gitabushi
@Gitabushi
Here's the thing.
The Left's end-goal is NOT everyone having an electric car.
Their end goal is ONLY the Elite having private transportation. You will take public transportation or bike everywhere you might want to go.
If you're lucky, there might be trains available.

Might.
10:50 AM · Jul 3, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Their end goal is ONLY the Elite having private transportation. You will take public transportation or bike everywhere you might want to go.

Might.

Bingo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Gitabushi
@Gitabushi
Here's the thing.

Might.
10:50 AM · Jul 3, 2022·

That's gonna work SO WELL out here in Timbuckfour. NOT.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Hoodat

That's gonna work SO WELL out here in Timbuckfour. NOT.  *****rollingeyes*****

For the Beltway Kommisar, the only transportation needed in your area is for transport to the gulag.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

For the Beltway Kommisar, the only transportation needed in your area is for transport to the gulag.

Give me twenty minutes and I will be so gone they will never dig me out. That's their problem with pissing off hillbillies. They spent nearly two decades over on them bare ass mountains in Afghanistan and couldn't get it done. How do you think they'll fare in the Appalachians and the Ozarks, not to mention the Rockies?

"And if you think they're wild its just because they can't be broken - It's a strong and gentle people living there" -John Denver, Wrangle Mountain Song

Offline Hoodat

That's their problem with pissing off hillbillies. They spent nearly two decades over on them bare ass mountains in Afghanistan and couldn't get it done. How do you think they'll fare in the Appalachians and the Ozarks, not to mention the Rockies?

Word.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Give me twenty minutes and I will be so gone they will never dig me out. That's their problem with pissing off hillbillies. They spent nearly two decades over on them bare ass mountains in Afghanistan and couldn't get it done. How do you think they'll fare in the Appalachians and the Ozarks, not to mention the Rockies?

"And if you think they're wild its just because they can't be broken - It's a strong and gentle people living there" -John Denver, Wrangle Mountain Song

Terrain and ferocity is a helluva enemy of the state.

Ask the almighty Romans in the first century a.d. about Scotland.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Terrain and ferocity is a helluva enemy of the state.

Ask the almighty Romans in the first century a.d. about Scotland.

Yep. Same dang thing. Nothing brings clans together like somebody outside telling em what to do. Now a good many of them and the Irish are over  here, back up in the sticks, along with any Dane or Norwegian worth his salt... Not to mention Natives. You better think twice before heading up a Rocky Mountain holler. For sure. Can't speak for the rest, but I imagine it to be like in kind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is nothing the EPA does that State agencies could not do,....

@Smokin Joe

True,but exactly WHAT is it that makes you think they would?

The sad,sad truth is that commercial industries that are located and operated within state borders are FAR less likely to have their noses rubbed in any abuses of regulations
than if they were regulated by federal EPA departments.

Local pols immediate knee jerk reaction to any and all new laws is "How will this affect my next election? Will I be voted out of office if I insist a state employer with hundreds of employees is fined and maybe temporarily shut down in order to comply with regulations?"

This is GENERALLY not a problem with federal regulators.

What we need is an impartial board to review all new state and feral regulations to determine if any proposed new law will have a positive effect,a negative effect,or no effect at all.

Then,if it is determined it will have a negative effect,do whatever it takes to change it to positive or to kill it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When the river catches fire, local people have a tendency to make it better on their own. So I would not be so sure that federal mandates are all that effective.

@roamer_1

Rivers catch fire because local and state pols don't give a squat because they know that if they started insisting the local industry/industries responsible for polluting the river were fined and ordered to clean it up,they would be voted out of office for costing the state jobs and income.

Online Kamaji

There is nothing the EPA does that State agencies could not do, and well within the constraints on Federal Power in the Constitution. If states have differences, well the SCOTUS is the court of primary jurisdiction.

Not true at all.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Rivers catch fire because local and state pols don't give a squat because they know that if they started insisting the local industry/industries responsible for polluting the river were fined and ordered to clean it up,they would be voted out of office for costing the state jobs and income.

Rivers catch fire with the EPA in charge so...  :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Rivers catch fire with the EPA in charge so...  :whistle:

@roamer_1

Where,and when?

Offline Idiot

Bottom line is that the EPA along with other agency's are being weaponized to destroy the fossil fuel industry and gently move us all to more green energy...whatever the heck that is...

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

Bottom line is that the EPA along with other agency's are being weaponized to destroy the fossil fuel industry and gently move us all to more green energy...whatever the heck that is...
Green energy is the baby of Pegasus and a unicorn.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Where,and when?

@sneakypete

I will retract the statement. I was thinking of Detroit and Buffalo (both predate EPA), and the Chicago River, which I remember catching fire not too long ago during St Paddy's day (I distinctly remember the river was green)... But I can find no record of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I've got one huge ongoing disaster that was the doing of the EPA...

The Gold King Mine

Here's another one most people haven't heard about:

The EPA cin 2013 onducted a study in which children were intentionally exposed to diesel exhaust; when asked about it, they deleted all records of it from their website.

And one more just for fun:

In 2014 the EPA exposed the elderly and other people with health issues to lethal pollutants as part of a study hoping to show the need for new EPA rules.

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Cuyahoga River fires predated the EPA.

@Hoodat

Ok,I had no idea,and I still have no idea where the Cuyahoga River is,but I will take your word for it.

Have any idea why it was catching fire?

Maybe a oil leak from underground?

Online Kamaji

@Hoodat

Ok,I had no idea,and I still have no idea where the Cuyahoga River is,but I will take your word for it.

Have any idea why it was catching fire?

Maybe a oil leak from underground?

Article on the Cuyahoga River, which cuts through Cleveland:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River.  It caught fire at least 13 times in the 1950s and 1960s, due to very heavy industrial pollution.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@sneakypete

I will retract the statement. I was thinking of Detroit and Buffalo (both predate EPA), and the Chicago River, which I remember catching fire not too long ago during St Paddy's day (I distinctly remember the river was green)... But I can find no record of it.

@roamer_1

I had never heard of either. I SEEM to have some sort of VAGUE recollection of reading about a river being set on fire in Europe in medieval times by an invading army because the river ran into the city they were surrounding. IIRC,they poured oil on it to get it to catch fire.

For some unknown reason,the phrase "The Phoenicians" springs to mind.

AND......given my memory these days,I may well be wrong about that.

Online Kamaji

@roamer_1

I had never heard of either. I SEEM to have some sort of VAGUE recollection of reading about a river being set on fire in Europe in medieval times by an invading army because the river ran into the city they were surrounding. IIRC,they poured oil on it to get it to catch fire.

For some unknown reason,the phrase "The Phoenicians" springs to mind.

AND......given my memory these days,I may well be wrong about that.

Apparently the Chicago River also used to catch fire on a regular basis:  https://www.environmentalcouncil.org/when_our_rivers_caught_fire

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Apparently the Chicago River also used to catch fire on a regular basis:  https://www.environmentalcouncil.org/when_our_rivers_caught_fire

As did the HSC (Houston Ship Channel).  Maybe the most industrial 50 miles of waterway on earth.  I remember it happening on a minor scale even when I was Env. Mgr. in a plant in that area.  If memory serves, it was about 1991 or 1992.  Forgot which plant though.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 02:36:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Yes I know. But this was more recent, according to my memory.  :shrug: Like maybe 10 or 15 years ago... But then the Buffalo and the Rogue (Detroit) were also more recent in that same memory, so all bets are off I guess.

Offline Hoodat

This is one of the biggest environmental disasters this country has ever had.  Yet the EPA using its resources to fight against cleaning it up.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/federal-report-coldwater-creek-contamination-may-raise-the-risk-of/article_b70fd34e-c07d-5cee-8348-f76d3d4a90eb.html

Families experiencing multiple cancers are finding thorium and radium contamination inside their homes.  There is also a dump nearby containing radioactive waste that is on fire underground.  It vents radioactive smoke.  The EPA has untold billions of dollars in Superfund cash at its disposal.  Yet they won't do a damn thing to clean this up.  All because the polluter here is the US government.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-